Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Question - Get an Answer

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by mendelman
    Yes, yes, and yes. But they have to change out of their women's clothing once they get to work, because they line in an all female only apartment building.

It was George.
    Best answer yet in my book!

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North
    ...[snip]... one (1) of our biggest selling urinal screens is a deep blue with a bubblegum smell. It is called, naturally, "Blue / Bubblegum"....[snip]....Uribear
    That's you?!?!?! I'll be thinking about you at work tomorrow as I take aim.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    That's you?!?!?! I'll be thinking about you at work tomorrow as I take aim.
    A urinal screen that my company made a few years ago haad Osama Bin Laden's picture on it, REALLY giving us men something to aim for. The screen was pictured in Sports Illustrated in an issue about the Olympics and our country's participation in same.

We have had some unusual requests, including a target with a bull's eye (which we have done), a mirrored-surface (so those who want to see what they have to offer ), and.....this really did get on the market.....a screen that had this written on it: "Hey, Shorty!".

Bear Measuring Up
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff
    Obviously, you don't have a DeLorean, a flux capacitor, and 21 jigawatts of power...
    I read lots of time travel books and am convined that it is possible. Have you seen the movie "Time Bandits"? Portals to other time zones...yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Einstein.
    You darn tootin', I like fig newtons!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    At what age are we really supposed to act "grown up"??

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    At what age are we really supposed to act "grown up"??

42 (of course!)

Registered
    Dec 2004
    if rocks turn into sand, then what does sand turn in to? I guess rocks again.... but, does it do anything in its thousands of years life span??

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by clare2582
    if rocks turn into sand, then what does sand turn in to? I guess rocks again....
    computer chips and breast implants

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Chet
    42 (of course!)
    crap. I'm behind the curve.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by clare2582
    if rocks turn into sand, then what does sand turn in to? I guess rocks again.... but, does it do anything in its thousands of years life span??
    Silt. opps, need ten characters.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    i like my answer better

Registered
    Oct 2001
    A urinal screen that my company made a few years ago haad Osama Bin Laden's picture on it, REALLY giving us men something to aim for. The screen was pictured in Sports Illustrated in an issue about the Olympics and our country's participation in same.

We have had some unusual requests, including a target with a bull's eye (which we have done), a mirrored-surface (so those who want to see what they have to offer ), and.....this really did get on the market.....a screen that had this written on it: "Hey, Shorty!".

Bear Measuring Up
    I'd bet an R. Kelly Signature-Series Urinal Screen would do well in the clubs

How about a urinal screen that has a little airplane propeller that the golden stream of fun could turn? I'd drink more beer if that was waiting for me at my local pub! If you make a million off of that idea I want one.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by el Guapo
    How about a urinal screen that has a little airplane propeller that the golden stream of fun could turn? I'd drink more beer if that was waiting for me at my local pub! If you make a million off of that idea I want one.
    Wouldnt that splish on the chinos? Try explaining that to the staff meeting....

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    ... need ten characters.
    There are plenty of characters here in Cyburbiaskistan to chose from.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Chet
    Wouldnt that splish on the chinos? Try explaining that to the staff meeting....
    Other than the splashing problem, this is a great idea. You could design it to splash downward. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm......................$$$$

Our screens are marketed as splash-proof. We have them designed with tiny little ridges (bubbles) in the flat surfaces between all the drain holes. These ridges help deflect the "golden stream" away from the "standee".

Bear Standard
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Other than the splashing problem, this is a great idea. You could design it to splash downward. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm......................$$$$

Our screens are marketed as splash-proof. We have them designed with tiny little ridges (bubbles) in the flat surfaces between all the drain holes. These ridges help deflect the "golden stream" away from the "standee".

Bear Standard
    The propeller could be on the outside... The stream has to hit the hole, which turns the little mini turbine, spinning the prop. That would be something!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    How does a "cookie" work?
    A cookie (in the internet sense, which was probably your question) is a small string of information that internet sites send to your computer to save in your hard drive to log you in or register you and measure traffic, see what parts you've seen of the site, like the forum cookies, that save your registry information in your computer so you don't have to register more than once in a while; these cookies also save information of what threads you've read.

My questions: Why do people like to pretend they're somebody they're not and do whatever they can to hide their true identity?
    Why do chicks try to follow ridiculous and unhealthy models to try to fit in wrong social models?
    Why can't people apreciate silence and enjoy it?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by SkeLeton
    My questions: Why do people like to pretend they're somebody they're not and do whatever they can to hide their true identity?
    Why do chicks try to follow ridiculous and unhealthy models to try to fit in wrong social models?
    Why can't people apreciate silence and enjoy it?
    1.People try to pretend they're someone who they are not because they are unhappy with who they are and are trying to gain acceptance by acting how they think other people want them to.
    2. Chicks follow ridiculous and unhealthy models because they are unhappy with themselves and are trying to gain acceptance by acting how they think other people want them to.
    3. People can't appreciate silence because it forces them to be alone with their thoughts and can contemplate the fact they are unhappy with themselves.

Ok, probably not the only answer, but I think it explores what all three questions have in common.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Why do so many people seem to accept such crappy tasting mass produced food products?
    1. Because its "there" at a convenient location near you.

2. Because its relatively cheap.

3. Because of their widespread location there is a cultural consensus that the chain is good. There wouldn't be so many Burger Kings if they weren't good right?

4. Because you see hundreds of commercials and signs for any given fast food restaurant every week.

5. Because in some locations you don't have any other options.

6. When its fresh, mass produced fried crap can be yummy, even if unhealthy.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    then after silt, clay. (aiken)
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Why is Andy Rooney still alive. And is he still on the air?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Rumpy Tunanator
    Do Maister & michaelskis carpool to work, and if so, does the duck ride in the front passenger seat and michaelskis in the back?
    Quote Originally posted by Mendelman
    Yes, yes, and yes. But they have to change out of their women's clothing once they get to work, because they live in a female only apartment building
    Hey man, I just noticed you guys are mocking me and Mskis. You are making sport of us. You are laughing at our expense. Humiliating us before our peers. Bearing false witness. Painting an ugly portrait. Uttering defamatory remarks. .

I can feel your guilt and anguish.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Maister
    Hey man, I just noticed you guys are mocking me and Mskis. You are making sport of us. You are laughing at our expense. Humiliating us before our peers. Bearing false witness. Painting an ugly portrait. Uttering defamatory remarks. .

I can feel your guilt and anguish.
    It only took 2 years and 2 months to figure that out.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister
    Why do you always see only one discarded shoe in the road? And the related followup question - what happens to half the socks that seem to disappear whenever you do laundry?
    this reminded me: someone told me once that the shoes hanging over the phone line across a street meant that a kid just became a dope dealer/distributor/user - but i think i might have been drunk at the time since it was at one of famous pre-children kegfests many years ago - lol

okay that was dumb...

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Planderella
    It only took 2 years and 2 months to figure that out.
    Which begs the questions has our usually bright and observant member Maister fallen behind the curve? And whatever happened to the duck?

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 22 Jun 2012, 11:37 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 29 Oct 2009, 8:36 PM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last post: 27 Feb 2006, 4:08 PM
  4. Answer
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 0