+ Reply to thread

Thread: Relocation is everything

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Relocation is everything

From suck.com :

RELOCATION IS EVERYTHING

You're getting to that age. Suddenly everything about the city you live in seems wrong, dead wrong. Suddenly you know that if you don't get out of Dodge real quicklike, you're gonna spend the rest of your days doing the exact same crap you've done for the past five years. Which might be harrowing indeed, if you could remember the past five years beyond a particularly tasty carne asada burrito here and there.

Are you looking for justification for a sudden change of location? Fill in the blanks in the chart below and read it back to yourself until you're ready to call the movers.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Nice... in four years I may need this. Or maybe at the end of another six-month subzero winter.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    hmm...i've been trying to figure out the best way to tell people why i am moving...

Ctrl+P
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Oct 2001

my 0.02

Being a military brat and having moved every, on average, 2.5 years of my life since 1963. I can firmly state that ALL places suck. Each sucks in its own unique way. That is what makes a place charming. Also, every place also has something very nice about it. You just have to adapt and enjoy your suroundings. For instance I actually lived in Dodge City once. It really sucked. But it also had many charms. It is the yeng and the yang of your mental map that matters. Prozac helps also.

(Exception: Oklahoma throughly sucks and has no charms)

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Relocation: what would you sacrifice?
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 21 Jul 2010, 3:08 PM
  2. Server relocation
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 18 Apr 2009, 9:55 PM
  3. Relocation package
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 09 Jul 2008, 8:36 AM
  4. Help with possible relocation