Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Neat housing architecture (in this planner's opinion)

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries

Neat housing architecture (in this planner's opinion)

Hey I was browsing cyberspace on lunch today and saw a link to this architect. I believe they are out of Washington state.

They have some neat designs that I could see fitting into some small downtown lots here (and probably elsewhere).

Just thought I would share.

LINKY: Ross Chapin Architects
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Mar 2004

Fantastic Site!!

Zman, as usual, you provide timely data when I'm looking for this exact type of thing!! THANKS A BUNCH! By the way, I agree about these being good examples of architecture for the most part. Great examples for backyard accessory units also....I think....
    Skilled Adoxographer

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Thanks for the link. I have a small infill project right now that is similar to size of one of those on the website. I have contacted them about using their images as an example. Thanks.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by The One
    Zman, as usual, you provide timely data when I'm looking for this exact type of thing!! THANKS A BUNCH! By the way, I agree about these being good examples of architecture for the most part. Great examples for backyard accessory units also....I think....

He is, I'll agree, a genius. I found the Third Street Cottages about a week ago, and have been hunting for the floorplans to the cottages absently since. That development used the "Pears and Cherries" cottage, amongst others.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Great site. I like what they do, especially the courtyard homes. If you like these things, check out pyatok architects, too. They are doing wonderful things, especially with affordable housing.

http://www.pyatok.com/home1.html

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 24 Aug 2012, 12:03 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last post: 06 Sep 2006, 11:38 AM
  3. Google Earth is really neat.
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 23
    Last post: 19 Jul 2005, 8:17 PM
  4. Ideal Planner's Car