Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: I release a thousand Bumpus hounds on TBS!

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

I release a thousand Bumpus hounds on TBS!

I offer a short but sincere pitting of TBS for destroying a time-honored tradition.

They're airing COMMERCIALS during A Christmas Story. Animated, long-ass, glurge-filled Tide ads are among the commercial intrusions upon what used to air in a pure and undefiled form.

What would Ralphie say? FUUUUUUUUDGEEEEE! Only it wouldn't come out as that. For shame, TBS. For shame. Is nothing sacred?
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Dan

They're airing COMMERCIALS during A Christmas Story.
    Arrghh!!!!

I switched away from it this morning because of the commercials.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    You get to watch t.v. on Christmas?

There's a new concept.

It's almost 6 p.m. here and I haven't even watched the news yet, much less turned on the t.v. ("Mom, I need 8 D batteries. Mom, I need 6 C batteries")...

Registered
    Mar 2004
    I love to watch Ralphie...the school they use is the school my Mom graduated from in 45 in Euclid, Ohio. It use to be a high school but now I believe it is a middle school. The downtown scenes are Cleveland and the Higbee building. My grandparents lived in Euclid until they died and I have great memories of my Grandmother taking me to downtown Cleveland.
    You darn tootin', I like fig newtons!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Grrr... Nobody is playing the Alistair Simm version of Scrooge this year.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by sisterceleste
    I love to watch Ralphie...the school they use is the school my Mom graduated from in 45 in Euclid, Ohio. It use to be a high school but now I believe it is a middle school. The downtown scenes are Cleveland and the Higbee building. My grandparents lived in Euclid until they died and I have great memories of my Grandmother taking me to downtown Cleveland.
    I heard that even though the movie was filmed in Cleveland, it's loosely based on Hammond, IN.

There should be no reason to ever watch commercials under any circumstances. Glad to see people turning off their TV.

But for everyone like you Dan, there are ten others tuned in and subliminally remembering the tawdry cell-phone and SUV ads.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Hah... Public TV here has been airing Commercials during any movie no matter what time of the year it is... On cable... I don't know...I don't have it and I don't want it.
    And since public tv here sucks I rarely watch it for anything else than the news and the forecast, if at all.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Release your inner foodie
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 16 Aug 2012, 3:14 PM
  2. City of Thousand Oaks
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 11 Jun 2005, 3:42 AM
  3. Release Your Inner Child
    Friday Afternoon Club