Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Ideas for the 2005 APA InfoTech Div. Booth

Registered
    Dec 2003

Ideas for the 2005 APA InfoTech Div. Booth

This is the first year that the division wil have a booth at the APA conference. We need volunteers to help promote the booth as well as something to make the experience unique. Please place comments and ideas here.

Remember, don't feel that any idea is too goofy, let brainstorm and come up with something sticky.

Of couse we will have handouts and some of our newsletters too.

Any volunteer want to draft up a division banner, I can print it out on 36 or 48 inch media.

Thanks,
    Mike

Registered
    Dec 2003

Great idea!

How about we set up a laptop with a webcam where we can take pictures of attendees that visit the booth and put their picture on the cover of an infotext newsletter. It would have how to sign up for the division on it of course.

We could even have a guest be in the picture too, such as any celebrity that has a mask out.

Also make sure to let people know about the Biz reception and meeting.

Mike

Registered
    Aug 2001
    GIS is one thing, but planners need to take the next step ... Check out visualizesuccess.com .

OK, so its a shameless plug for the company that I work for, but planners need to realize just how valuable visualization technology is, especially when you, as a planning board, can coerce big developers to give you this information! That division of our firm has a 100% approval rate on projects we've rendered. ...and on a $4m project, the cost of this service is nil.

Registered
    Dec 2003

Thanks for volunteering!

Chet,

Thank you for volunteering. I assume that's the reason for the plug? I'll contact you about that and an opportunity for your organization to participate more.

Regarding visualization, you are correct. Every 3D GIS visualization/real-time simulation I have done for the City of Las Vegas have been for controversial projects and we have a 100% success too. It usually takes about 2-3 weeks for us to so it. Maybe we can partner to enhance our website to add some of these examples. I had the opportunity to give 3D GIS simulation workshops for National APA conferences in 2002 and 2003. You are attending the 2005 one?

I think we will be starting a GIS Special Interest Group and visualization will be part of it.

I'll contact you. Which guy are you at that firm? Thanks for taking the time to post.

Mike Gritz

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Mike - I sent you a private message with all of the contact info.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. A few ideas I have
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 09 Sep 2013, 7:28 PM
  2. Career ideas
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 30 Nov 2007, 10:28 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last post: 30 Nov 2005, 10:16 AM