Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Typology/Personality Tests (merged threads)

Registered
    Apr 2002
    I'm also an INTJ. It's supposed to be one of the rarest types, too. It makes sense that it's the planner type, though.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by tsc
    ENTJ... another Fieldmarshall....I thought we were only supposed to be 2%??? must be higher in the planning field!!

Same here
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Greenescapist
    I'm also an INTJ. It's supposed to be one of the rarest types, too. It makes sense that it's the planner type, though.
    Hmmm. If planners are mostly INTJs, and that type is rare, what does that say about the profession?

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Funny, this puts me as an ENFJ. I have never tested as an ENFJ. I have always tested as an ENFP. The only thing that has ever previously been questioned was if I was an F or a T. That has been much debated, with Feeler friends of mine finding me too nit-picky and cold and Thinker friends of mine finding me too gushy and such. I have joked that I am an ENFTJ.

Extroverted 22
    Intuitive 67
    Feeling 78
    Judging 44

Registered
    May 1997
    MZ: If its not the Meyers-Briggs, it may not be accurate.

The data based on the Meyers-Briggs show, if I recall that INs (regardless of the other types you string on) aren't much more than 10% of the population. Which is a good thing: we don't make very good plumbers, fire fighters, EMTs, etc, etc. It may also be a function of natural selection - since the industrial revolution there has been a greater need for ES's than for any other type. A lot of IN's may have been too depressed to reproduce!

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Bear registering in as an INTJ.

I = 67
    N = 78
    T = 1
    J = 56

Mastermind Rational. (I feel like I'm playing CIV II.....)

My dad's family was from Ruski-Land (Peter the Great).....my politics hover around Libertarian (Ayn Rand). Good fits.

I'm not an official planner. Now, get back to work.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Lee Nellis
    MZ: If its not the Meyers-Briggs, it may not be accurate.

The data based on the Meyers-Briggs show, if I recall that INs (regardless of the other types you string on) aren't much more than 10% of the population. Which is a good thing: we don't make very good plumbers, fire fighters, EMTs, etc, etc. It may also be a function of natural selection - since the industrial revolution there has been a greater need for ES's than for any other type. A lot of IN's may have been too depressed to reproduce!
    Yeah, I take such online tests with a grain or 12 or salt. But, also, having read a little on the topic, my understanding is that we all have all of the traits but one of each subset is "dominant" so you could say that I am mostly extroverted and a little introverted and mostly a Perciever and a little bit of a Judger. But, as we get older, we often develop our weak areas more. So if the Judging part is coming out more, it may partly be a function of Old Age (when I was so sick, I sometimes felt like I was about 80 years old, ). Also, I may just be spending too much time on Cyburbia and am being contaminated by all you judgers.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Greenescapist
    Hehehehehe, lots of 'INT' s in planning, indeed.

A distant relative of mine sent me a copy of the book 'Please Understand Me' (Keirsey) about 8-10 years ago, based on this personality typing system. Although things like this are usefull as guides and not rote law, it was very usefull indeed in helping me to figure out what I am and am not and how other people, including family, relate to me and to each other.

That said, I am a very strong INTP, with extra emphasis on the 'I' and the 'P'. Yes, that can be hard on life and a bit on the lonely side when the popular 'norms' seem to demand that if one is not outgoing and doesn't always have everything done two weeks before deadline, that there is something wrong with that lazy, good-for-nothing lump. I can seldom get past 'hello' when the first meeting of a new person is in person (it makes for many fruitless job interviews) and there are many times when I have terrible troubles forcing myself to get projects started.

OTOH, I do like the ability to think things through and I can see logic and order or disorder in ideas, systems and concepts that others miss and spend a lot of personal time pondering items of the day.

Mike

Registered
    Oct 2003
    What an interesting test.

Here is my result:
    Introverted - 67
    Sensing - 1
    Thinking - 11
    Judging - 33

That makes me a ISTJ, aka the Inspector. (Does that mean I was too influenced by Inspector Gadget?!)

Registered
    Feb 2003
    For me, I think I may be the only one so far, I am an ENTP.

Extroverted 44%
    Intuitive 11%
    Thinking 1%
    Perceiving 11%

I used to ENTJ.

I had to take it again since something it said was completely off--base with my personality and I still was an ENTP. This time E 56%, N 22%, T 1%, and P 17%.
    Last edited by Trail Nazi; 04 Jan 2005 at 12:11 PM.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    ENTJ

Extroverted 11%
    Intuitive 56%
    Thinking 1%
    Judging 22%

Every time I've taken it, I've ended up with this. Also, Politcal Compass always comes up with my political views aligned with Ghandi's.
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Nov 2003
    another INTJ Mastermind Rational here.
    39 22 17 33. I seem to be more evenly balanced, based on those letters. I guess.
    I am recognizing that the voice inside my head
    is urging me to be myself but never follow someone else
    Because opinions are like voices we all have a different kind". --Q-Tip

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Your Type is
    I = 67
    N = 33
    T = 33
    J = 67

Took this test in high school on the TI-85 my boyfriend and his friend programmed. Geeks, me included (sorry geeks). Almost the same results.
    “I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.” - Thomas Edison

Registered
    Mar 2004

Intj

And here I thought I was special ....Seems like many of us, so far, are at least similar in make up when it comes to this test.....maybe someone should post a never ending poll to see just how many of us are INTJ's....

My wife is an ENTJ with 99% on judging
    Skilled Adoxographer
    I have two emotions....Silence and Rage

Registered
    Mar 2004

State quarter thoughts

Quote Originally posted by GISgal
    Your Type is
    I = 67
    N = 33
    T = 33
    J = 67

Took this test in high school on the TI-85 my boyfriend and his friend programmed. Geeks, me included (sorry geeks). Almost the same results.

"It [cow, corn, and cheese on the commemorative quarter] can kind of make us look like northern hillbillies."
    --Douglas Sterner, wise art teacher.
    A bit off topic in this thread (Mods, could you please break this into a new 'rate the state quarters' thread? Thanx!), my Wisconsin quarter entry, done in collaboration with Daniel Carr (you've seen his work, he did the art on the New York and Rhode Island quarters), is at the bottom of:
    http://www.designscomputed.com/coins/sq_2004.html
    Although he doesn't mention it on that webpage, I supplied him with some rough sketches and all of the historical background info and he supplied the art expertise to make it all presentable. It made it deep into the competition, disappearing with three other entries between the second-to-last design committee meeting and their final meeting. Also, there is an interesting tidbit in there about Mr. Stener.

I agree, the chosen Wisconsin quarter is an embarrassing charicature, a *POX* on Governor James Doyle for foisting it upon our fair nation!

BTW, I like his Michigan idea much, much more than their ultimately chosen nothing, too.

Mike
    Last edited by mgk920; 05 Jan 2005 at 12:43 AM.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by mgk920
    A bit off topic in this thread (Mods, could you please break this into a new 'rate the state quarters' thread? Thanx!), my Wisconsin quarter entry, done in collaboration with Daniel Carr (you've seen his work, he did the art on the New York and Rhode Island quarters), is at the bottom of:
    http://www.designscomputed.com/coins/sq_2004.html
    Although he doesn't mention it on that webpage, I supplied him with some rough sketches and all of the historical background info and he supplied the art expertise to make it all presentable. It made it deep into the competition, disappearing with three other entries between the second-to-last design committee meeting and their final meeting. Also, there is an interesting tidbit in there about Mr. Stener.

I agree, the chosen Wisconsin quarter is an embarrassing charicature, a *POX* on Governor James Doyle for foisting it upon our fair nation!

BTW, I like his Michigan idea much, much more than their ultimately chosen nothing, too.

Mike

Hey, don't blame the Doyle, man. It was Scooter, Jr. who picked out the quarter design, even after the public vote favored another design.

BTW, we did have a post - a photoshop post, no less, on the state quarters quite a while back.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Nov 2004
    INTJ

I took this test in college and had the same result. I'm kind of surprised to find so many INTJs here, as when I took it in a big group in college, there weren't very many of us. But, when you consider the INTJ type, it tends to lend itself to planning, somewhat. Although I think I might be a better planner if I was a bit more outgoing (E instead of I).
    Every time I look at a Yankees hat I see a swastika tilted just a little off kilter.
    Bill "Spaceman" Lee

Registered
    Mar 2004

Yeah....

Quote Originally posted by Breed
    INTJ

I took this test in college and had the same result. I'm kind of surprised to find so many INTJs here, as when I took it in a big group in college, there weren't very many of us. But, when you consider the INTJ type, it tends to lend itself to planning, somewhat. Although I think I might be a better planner if I was a bit more outgoing (E instead of I).
    I've been trying to be more E than I of late.....but for some reason, people's perception is that I'm being agressive and uncharacteristic....maybe I'll try to be an E in my next job, before people know me as an I.......wherever and whenever that is......
    Skilled Adoxographer
    I have two emotions....Silence and Rage

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Another INTJ (barely)...

Your Type is
    INTJ

Strength of the preferences %
    Introverted 56
    Intuitive 56
    Thinking 22
    Judging 1

I(22)N(11)T(44)J(67)

Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition, it is the contingency planning or entailment organizing role that reaches the highest development in Masterminds. Entailing or contingency planning is not an informative activity, rather it is a directive one in which the planner tells others what to do and in what order to do it. As the organizing capabilities the Masterminds increase so does their inclination to take charge of whatever is going on.
    Now, everybody sit down and listen to me!
    Je suis Charlie

Registered
    Nov 2004
    INTP

Introverted: 89

Intuitive: 33

Thinking: 67

Perceiving: 22

I'm not sure what all this means as I'm unfamiliar with this test, but the decription was so me that it was scary

Me:

Your Type is: ENTJ

Extroverted 22
    Intuitive 33
    Thinking 1
    Judging 44

You are:
    - slightly expressed extrovert

- moderately expressed intuitive personality

- slightly expressed thinking personality

- moderately expressed judging personality

ENTJ Profile
    Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging

by Joe Butt

Profile: ENTJ
    Revision: 2.4
    Date of Revision: 20 Jul 03

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?"

ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader. The ENTJ requires little encouragement to make a plan. One ENTJ put it this way... "I make these little plans that really don't have any importance to anyone else, and then feel compelled to carry them out." While "compelled" may not describe ENTJs as a group, nevertheless the bent to plan creatively and to make those plans realiity is a common theme for NJ types.

ENTJs are often "larger than life" in describing their projects or proposals. This ability may be expressed as salesmanship, story-telling facility or stand-up comedy. In combination with the natural propensity for filibuster, our hero can make it very difficult for the customer to decline.

TRADEMARK: -- "I'm really sorry you have to die." (I realize this is an overstatement. However, most Fs and other gentle souls usually chuckle knowingly at this description.)

ENTJs are decisive. They see what needs to be done, and frequently assign roles to their fellows. Few other types can equal their ability to remain resolute in conflict, sending the valiant (and often leading the charge) into the mouth of hell. When challenged, the ENTJ may by reflex become argumentative. Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with.

Functional Analysis
    Extraverted Thinking
    "Unequivocating" expresses the resoluteness of the ENTJ's dominant function. Clarity of convictions endows these Thinkers with a knack for debate, or wanting knack, a penchant for argument. The light and heat generated by Thinking at the helm can be impressive; perhaps even overwhelming. Experience teaches many ENTJs that restraint may often be the better part of valor, lest one find oneself victorious but alone.

Introverted iNtuition
    The auxiliary function explores the blueprints of archetypal patterns and equips Thinking with a fresh, dynamic sense of how things work. Improvising on the fly is something many ENTJs do very well. As Thinking's subordinate, insights are of value only insofar as they further the Right, True Cause celebre. [n.b.: ENTJs are capable of living on a higher plane, if you will, and learning to value individuals even above their principles. The above dynamic suggests less individuation.]

Extraverted Sensing
    Sensing reaches out to embrace that which physically touches it. ENTJs have an awareness of the real; of that which exists. By stilling the engines of Thinking and iNtuition, this type may experience the Here and Now, and know things not dreamt of nor even postulated in iNtuition's philosophy. Sensing's minor role, however, puts it at risk for distortion or extreme weakness beneath the hustle and bustle of the giants N and T.

Introverted Feeling
    Feeling is romantic, as the ethereal as the inner world from whence it doth emerge. When it be awake, feeling evokes great passion that knows not nuance of proportion nor context. Perhaps these lesser functions inspire glorious recreational quests in worlds that never were, or may only ever be in fantasy. When overdone or taken too seriously, Fi turned outward often becomes maudlin or melodramatic. Feeling in this type appears most authentic when implied or expressed covertly in a firm handshake, accepting demeanor, or act of sacrifice thinly covered by excuses of lack of any personal interest in the relinquished item.

Famous ENTJs:
    U.S. Presidents:
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    Richard M. Nixon
    Alexander Hamilton, first US Secretary of the Treasury
    Benny Goodman, "Big Band" leader
    General Norman Schwarzkopf
    Harrison Ford
    Steve Martin
    Whoopi Goldberg
    Sigourney Weaver
    Margaret Thatcher
    Al Gore (U.S Vice President, 1993- )
    Lamar Alexander (former governor, US Secretary of Education)
    Les Aspen, former U.S. Secretary of Defense
    Candace Bergen (Murphy Brown)
    Dave Letterman
    Newt Gingrich
    Patrick Stewart (STNG: Jean Luc Picard)
    Robert James Waller (author: The Bridges of Madison County)
    Jim Carrey (Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, The Mask)

Fictional ENTJs:
    Geordi LaForge (STNG)

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Celura
    Me:

Your Type is: ENTJ

Extroverted 22
    Intuitive 33
    Thinking 1
    Judging 44

You are:
    - slightly expressed extrovert

- moderately expressed intuitive personality

- slightly expressed thinking personality

- moderately expressed judging personality

ENTJ Profile

TRADEMARK: -- "I'm really sorry you have to die." (I realize this is an overstatement. However, most Fs and other gentle souls usually chuckle knowingly at this description.)
    It is only an overstatement because you are very slightly a thinker. My career military husband is extremely a thinker and I can't imagine he would even say that. He certainly wouldn't say the "really" part. At most, he might say "I'm sorry you have to die". More likely, he would say something more like "Bummer" or "Well, better you than me" or "We all gotta go sometime". But, really, I can hear him quoting Wharf now: "Today is a good day to die".

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I - 33
    S - 11
    T - 33
    P - 22

Description kinda sounds like me, but I really waffled on some of those questions (felt like I was overanylizing to place the 'opinions' into some kinda experiential context - and that doesn't seem very ISTP-ish....)
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Suspended Bad Email Address teshadoh's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2004
    ISTP - Crafter Artisan

Introverted 67
    Sensing 1
    Thinking 78
    Perceiving 22

Some other ISTP's:
    Charles Bronson
    Tom Cruise
    James Dean
    Clint Eastwood
    Zachary Taylor
    Burt Reynolds
    Keith Richards
    Charlie Yeager
    Frank Zappa

But I never would have associated a jackass like Tom Cruise to be an introvert? Otherwise 2 of my favorite spaghetti western stars are like me!

But is it bad that I don't sense well? Well, not that I care what you think...

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Studying for tests
    Student Commons
    Replies: 10
    Last post: 05 Nov 2006, 11:43 PM
  2. Political Typology
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 31
    Last post: 28 May 2005, 2:45 AM
  3. Replies: 3