Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Odd dreams or out of character dreams (AIB Cardinal's dream)

Registered
    Dec 2001

Odd dreams or out of character dreams (AIB Cardinal's dream)

In Cardinal's dream, he is back in the Chicago area shooting rednecks. From what little I know of Cardinal personally, it seemed out of character for him to be like this or have a dream like that.

This caused me to think about past dreams I've had. I cannot think of one dream where I physicaly harmed anyone or anything. I can't even think of a dream where I had a gun, sword, knife, or some other weapon in my possession. Has anyone had a dream where they took on a differnet persona, weilded a weapon and went on a spree, or had a life/role that was different or out of your character?
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Mar 2003
    One of my first bosses made me so mad that each night I dreamed about killing him with different methods. I figured out fairly quickly that I needed to get out of that job.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by boiker
    I cannot think of one dream where I physicaly harmed anyone or anything.
    I frequently have dreams where I use, uh, "excessive violence" in trying to right a wrong:

- In one dream, a man stood on a pew at my dad's church and shot him and several choir members; I slid under the pews, stood on the one right behind him and snapped his head off.

- In another dream, I saw a midget snatch a women's purse at an Indianapolis Colts game; I caught him, beat him to bloody mess with my fists and feet, and got disgusted looks from onlookers who were angry that I beat a "little person".

- I won't tell you what I've done to my ex-wife in my dreams.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I heard that El Guapo had a dream where he was passing out anti war flyers at a peace rally with Hillary Clinton, his new wife.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    May 2002
    Last week, I had two very similar dreams where I was trapped in a house and had to find the guy who would tell me how to get out. He was running away from me, so I threw a knife into his back.

Last month, I had two other very similar dreams. I was walking with a guy down a downtown sidewalk when I noticed I had a reflection in a window and he did not. He preceded to explain to me the idea of "light bending". That's how he was non-reflective.

On a dream related note, I have always had conflict-themed dreams. When I was a kid, I lost those conflicts. When I got older, I won those conflicts.
    Maintaining enthusiasm in the face of crushing apathy.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by giff57
    I heard that El Guapo had a dream where he was passing out anti war flyers at a peace rally with Hillary Clinton, his new wife.
    Funny,
    El Guapo told me he had a dream where he lobbied the French U.N. Ambassador so he could get the votes to be elected Secretary-General.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Hmmm I doubt I'm the only one that dreamt of blowing up their school... I must say I loved going there... all the jocks, annorexic b*tches, brats and rapper wanna-bes
    Yeah... that's a bit of "excessive violence" but what the heck... it's not like I did it.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I'm sure I've had more than one, but the only "violent" dream that made a strong impression on me was the one where I was faced with a tiger that had been terrorizing all the other people in my dream. I calmly walked up to it, pulled out a massive handgun (desert eagle?) and shot it in the head.

I felt amazingly good after I woke up.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I sometimes have dreams in cartoon, where I look something akin to the strawberry shortcake cartoon character (which doesn't look *anything* like me in reality).

I have weird dreams all the time, so I never make too much out of them. I don't have particularly violent dreams (at least not violent to other people). I have been having dreams about disasters lately, such as dreaming that I was driving down a mountain road when a huge landslide took out my car and a bunch of cabins and threw us into a river. I also had a dream recently that there was another attack on a major US city with planes... it was very realistic and scary. Too many late night snacks perhaps.

Registered
    Feb 2002
    I don't have violent dreams. The weird ones usually consist of me making out with people (i.e. coworkers, etc.). I like making out and all, but it's the people I'm making out with that is unusual. Like how in the heck did they get in my mind, and why am I making out with them?

Ever dream that your teeth are falling out? I have good strong healthy teeth, so that is definately not a fear of mine, but frequently have dreams that my teeth are really loose and falling out.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner
    Ever dream that your teeth are falling out? I have good strong healthy teeth, so that is definately not a fear of mine, but frequently have dreams that my teeth are really loose and falling out.
    I've heard that means your worrying about money. My teeth fall out all the time in my dreams, and as sole breadwinner... I have every right to worry about money.

Also, I have dreams about chasing tornados ALL the time. I love these dreams, even when the tornado changes course and heads right for us.. very exhilarating.
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    My 4 year old daughter had a dream that the inflatable Shrek on the Burger King roof bit her 2 year old sister's head off. She yelled at Shrek so he put her head back on. She actually wasn't upset by the dream, but it proves to me that tacky signs can harm children.

One of my most embarassing dreams was that I was playing field hockey with the cast of Friends.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Seabishop

One of my most embarassing dreams was that I was playing field hockey with the cast of Friends.
    Did one of them flash you so their team mate could score?
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite
    Too many late night snacks perhaps.
    Don't you mean...too much REDVINE'S?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Floridays
    Don't you mean...too much REDVINE'S?
    Heh... those were gone before Christmas!

Registered
    Dec 2004
    Last night's involved running from bear cubs in a prom dress and later running from a serial killer/ trying to solve the mystery of who it was. Also included jumping from heights and wanting to run faster but my body wouldn't let me. (this is a reoccurring dream theme for me)

wow, just realized in both I was running from something. HHmmmmm

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    You I think I dream while awake.
    Usually It'll be a little after I fall asleep, but I tend to wake up and see things in a (dream-like) state. Maybe I am hallucinating, maybe I have ghosts. It's weird.
    I have even gotten up and walked to something, usually a face looking at me while hovering near the blinds. This happens at my apartment about once or twice a month, the same thing happened at my parent's house in Denver and my girlfriend's parent's place in Idaho last week. It is kind of scary...

......next stop Belleview I guess.....
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Outside of a hand-full of times where I’ve been in a kung fu of super powers fight, usually with a faceless enemy, I never really have violent dreams. Granted they are almost always really weird but rarely ever violent. For instance, last night I dreamt that I was he grandson of Napoleon Bonaparte (I was myself and myself just happened to be Napoleon’s grandson. Go figure) and was solving a Scooby Do type mystery in a haunted house all while trying to get to work on time. Lord only knows what that means.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I have had extremely violent dreams, especially when very stressed out. But, lately, I have had dreams of hanging out with friends (although I'm much older in my dreams), and a lot of weird things.. like I'll wake up and have déjà vu or one thing in my dream will either lack color or be the only thing in color and that one object will stick out in my mind until I figure out, while awake, what the object signified.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Just for kicks:
    I dreamed today that I attended a Lesbian wedding and when the couple stood up to be wed, a third person stood up with them...and another...and another ...until 23 women were all standing there to marry each other and be one big happy..unit..I guess.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001

Cracking opening an old one...

Dreams the last two nights...I was being stalked by a woman that wanted to replace ZG with herself. The stalker would show up at odd periods during times when people from my past would explain that I had to talk to the stalker. Things got scary and uncomfortable, I woke up, and then I went back to sleep only to find myself in the same dream. The stalker photoshoped pictures of herself over pictures of ZG in our wedding and other pictures, including silhouettes of ourselves of pink on a black background . More old friends recommending I should talk to the stalker. I woke up from the dream into another dream, then woke up for real....sweating. I can't give all the details...this a family-friendly site. Weird nights. I blame it on the Giants beating the Braves. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I should seek professional help about this one.

EDIT: I seem to recall having a similar dream about a stalker a couple months ago.
    Last edited by Richmond Jake; 12 Oct 2010 at 9:43 PM. Reason: another thought

Registered
    Nov 2009
    I rarely have violent dreams, but I do have a dream that I have had over and over for many years. The details change, but the theme is the same. Somehow I end up in the ocean or near water and there is a BIG shark that wants to eat me. I spend a long time trying to swim away from it, hide, and even have resorted to flying out of the ocean to escape - only to find myself freaking out about how high up in the atmosphere I am.

They are actually pretty sweet dreams, very vivid and colorful, but scary too.

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Has it really been this long since anyone posted their odd dreams??

I dreamt last night that my husband and I traveled to Adelaide, Australia for a vacation... by car. I was relieved that he was driving, because there were an awful lot of curvy roads and tall bridges involved. Apparently, we didn't have any hotel reservations; we were going to exit the interstate ("interglobal"?) at some point and then look for a place to stay.

I remember thinking that I would have to send a postcard to dandy_warhol from Adelaide.

O-kaaaaay...

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    Has it really been this long since anyone posted their odd dreams??

I dreamt last night that my husband and I traveled to Adelaide, Australia for a vacation... by car. I was relieved that he was driving, because there were an awful lot of curvy roads and tall bridges involved. Apparently, we didn't have any hotel reservations; we were going to exit the interstate ("interglobal"?) at some point and then look for a place to stay.

I remember thinking that I would have to send a postcard to dandy_warhol from Adelaide.

O-kaaaaay...
    We have good friends in Adelaide! Maybe I mentioned that before and that stuck with you.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    So I have been having dreams about an old girlfriend. I seem to get them every couple months. The really just revolve around why be broke up and how both our lives would be so much better today if we hadn't.

It is really odd, especially as I really haven't even talked to her in two or three years, and we dated almost 10 years ago. It is weird though when you think they are real and you haven't had any contact with a person in so long...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Wildest dreams....
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 30 Nov 2011, 12:28 PM
  2. Repeat dreams.
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 36
    Last post: 15 Feb 2009, 3:28 PM
  3. bikeway dreams