Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Internships - Colorado

Registered
    Jan 2005

Internships - Colorado

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I am looking to intern in Colorado (preferably in the Gunnison area) this summer. I have emailed the City Planner, the County Planner, and the Forest people. I was wondering if anyone knows of any other opportunities that I am missing (i.e. an authority that hires planning students). I am really looking forward to being in Colorado, and hope that I can make this work. Any help would be appriciated.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Well.....

Quote Originally posted by Hink_Planner
    I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I am looking to intern in Colorado (preferably in the Gunnison area) this summer. I have emailed the City Planner, the County Planner, and the Forest people. I was wondering if anyone knows of any other opportunities that I am missing (i.e. an authority that hires planning students). I am really looking forward to being in Colorado, and hope that I can make this work. Any help would be appriciated.
    Unless your in the know and know "them", you won't stand a chance getting in with the forest service on anything less than temp. basis......

Gunnison......why? Do you hunt? Ski? Like the Outdoors? If not, go to Detroit

I would suggest Durango....the Director there is GREAT (If he's still there?)
    Skilled Adoxographer
    I have two emotions....Silence and Rage

Registered
    Jan 2005

Thanks

Quote Originally posted by The One
    Gunnison......why? Do you hunt? Ski? Like the Outdoors? If not, go to Detroit

I would suggest Durango....the Director there is GREAT (If he's still there?)

Thanks The One. I am looking at Gunnison because I have free housing there. It is an open area with topography and being from Ohio, I need to get somewhere with topography for the experience. If you have free housing or any other ideas for me, I would really appriciate them, as my Internship, whether I like it or not. Thanks again.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'm putting together something right now, but it sounds like it may not be the best fit. PM me if you'd like the details.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Colorado Laefest
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 33
    Last post: 26 Aug 2005, 8:18 AM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last post: 09 Jul 2005, 7:22 AM
  3. Hello from Colorado
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 24