Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hijacked Favorite Billboards Thread (AKA relationship advice from Planners)

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    This thread can't die yet!
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Oct 2000
    LOL! I just checked the http://www.marrytheresa.com website and just can't decide what I like best about it.... I think it is the little hearts mousetail, but then, it could also be the "updates" section where you can sign up to be on her mailing list.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Originally posted by KMateja
    I think it is the little hearts mousetail, but then, it could also be the "updates" section where you can sign up to be on her mailing list.
    I was thinking about having a mousetail of trailing hearts on Cyburbia, but it just doesn't seem right, for some reason.

Visit the site, and look at the photos, especially the first one with her new haircut. She looks exactly ... I mean EXACTLY like an old girlfriend of mine. Kinda' cute, actually.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Oct 2001

Love is in the air.

I sent a link to her site to a bachelor friend of mine.

PS ladies he is really sweet. Let me know if you want to make a love connection. Write for more info.

PPS I forgot to tell you he is nothing like me. So that should alay some well founded fears.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Lol you guys wont stay out of other folks love life will you?

But then again if your office is as dead as mine today your looking for any reason to keep your brain from going totaly flat line.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Dec 1998
    That Marry Theresa billboard reminds me of one that was posted here a couple of years ago. It was a big personals ad - "SWM Seeks Same" or something along those lines and his phone number. I wish I had a picture of it...
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Dan

I was thinking about having a mousetail of trailing hearts on Cyburbia, but it just doesn't seem right, for some reason.
    You know, that billboard is really sad. It screams of desperation and loneliness. But the wen site. That's really sad.

Registered
    Oct 2001

Life is far too short to wait around for random chance.

I respectfully disagree. I think it is a bold move and one to be respected. She is going after what she wants in a manner outside of the norm, that's all. If this gets her to happiness-land faster then I am glad for her.

Registered
    Aug 2001

We can agree to disagree EG

She'll end up a cat lady for sure.

Registered
    Oct 2001

Well, yeah...

The 8 cats thing is a given. No question there. I just thought it was a bold move on her part.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Guys dont go for bold moves trust me I know

Oh well she can live next to my 10 dog place.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Hey CHET - No, I will not end up a cat lady, actually I hate cats!!! And, there is a HUGE difference between being creative and being desperate. Personally I feel like you must be jealous or threatened by my unique approach or your negativity would not be so high.

Thanks EL

Registered
    Oct 2000
    I don't know... it rather reeks of desperation to me. However, I've always had the opinion that one should get married because they've found someone they feel can support them and grow with, (and in my case, someone who will put up with all my bullshit, I mean, eccentricies), not get married just for the sake of being married to someone and definitely NOT to become a parent.

But I do admire her Moxie.

Planner Girl - You are so mistaken. 5,000 so far have gone for my BOLD move. Sorry!

Thanks K!

Registered
    Aug 2001

Thanks KMateja

And no, not jealous. It's hard to be jealous of neurosis. Nothing personal.

Then I guess misery just loves company with that kind of negativity!

Registered
    Oct 2001

Moderator Minute

Just to let the Cyburbia gang know I sent MarryTheresa an email today letting her know of the discussion so that she might respond. It appears she has discovered the thread.

MarryTheresa - don't feel compelled to answer every comment made here. Around here we just kind of sum our position up and let the chips fall where they may. You will never be able answer all the postings on this thread - they will wear you out. And they might smell blood in the water. You don't want that.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'm going to take a step back - not from negativity of course - but put a moderator hat on and suggest that this thread, and least the last 9 hours of it, get wiped away.

Oh, and mods, be sure to check for my take. Sorry to implicate you Dan!

http://www.catsbackalley.com/humor/crazy_cat_lady.html
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 27 Oct 2005 at 2:34 PM.

Registered
    Nov 2001
    Let me be the voice of reason here. (Those of you who know me my stop laughing at any time...)

I agree with EG, it is a very bold move. She apparently knows what she is looking for and now can sit back to wade through the responses. SHREWD, I SAY!! What person wouldn't want to be in the enviable position of have a supermarket-esque opportunity to choose their spouse. I may use this appraoch if my search for the woman of my dreams becomes dire...but I digress.

I watched the movie Door To Door this past Sunday night about a man with moderate cerebral palsy founction from the 50s to today. As he grew older he became more lonely. Father dies when he was young. Mother developed Alzheimers...it was sad. It was on TNT (thankfully not on WE, Lifetime, or Oxygen, because then I would have had a whole series of questions for myself...) Nobody wants to be alone, but some of us will end up that way...

That's does it. Anybody have the # for Eller or ABC Advertising??? What was the # on the light post ad service? Oh, what about the company that advertises in fromt of urnals? Not that I want to be posted up in the men's room...do they have those ads in the womens room???

I am suddenly in a panick. Help!! Planner Girl?!? Anyone??

I need a hug. Hold me.
    "Dear Prudence...won't you open up your eyes? "

Registered
    Oct 2001

Prudence

http://www.asian-women.com/

Asian Women want to meet you.....

Love you long time....you no feel lonely no more...

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Prudence - I saw that movie too. It was good, but Bill Porter's loneliness was a result of his reluctance to depend on anyone. He was so determined to prove his independence that he didn't realize that it's okay to need or depend on other people.

Now, back to your dilemna. We can put your picture and phone number on the non-functioning feminine products machine in the women's restrooms - that should get a response. The restroom attendants can hand out a card with your vital stats as they hand out towels for the ladies to dry their hands. There's no end to what we can do for you prudence!!!!
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Aug 2001

Here's the pic for you, planderella

He's going to kill me.

EDITORS NOTE: PHOTO DELETED

Registered
    Oct 2001

Bigguns

Planderella may be onto something.

You know I saw an advertisment for feminine products for the larger gals last night on the TV. Something about big women needing big protection.

Anyway I'm thinking we could print your resume on the cover and have room for a photo? Consider this a free one.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Re: Bigguns

Originally posted by El Guapo
    Planderella may be onto something.

Anyway I'm thinking we could print your resume on the cover and have room for a photo? Consider this a free one.
    Prudence : Now for women size 14 and larger.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Where does one go to meet large pre-menopausal asian women?

Is this afternoon of postin escalating badly out of control, or is it just me?

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Cyb hijacked?
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 28 May 2007, 3:38 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last post: 17 Apr 2007, 2:48 AM
  3. Replies: 91
    Last post: 10 Dec 2004, 11:42 AM
  4. Relationship advice