Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Warning! This could happen to you!

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Warning! This could happen to you!

Take heed of what happened to this poor boy! He teaches us all a lesson!

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jul 1998
    There go my plans for the evening.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Dec 2003
    All this time I thought it just grew hair on your palms and made you go blind.
    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. - H.L. Mencken

Registered
    Jul 2003
    So, that explains the last 4 years of my life.

Why did't I get this warning earlier????

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Well at least he raves (previous to last image).. Too bad the image shows no glow sticks

Wow.. I thought that only kittens died.. now I guess some kid dies a horrible death everytime. It sure sounds something like a VD or TB but surely not masturbation! It's healthy!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    You guys have it really rough. Hope everyone learned something!

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by AubieTurtle
    All this time I thought it just grew hair on your palms and made you go blind.
    It's lies like this that have been "handed" down to us.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Take it with a grain of salt guys and keep a "stiff" upper lip.

Registered
    Nov 2004
    I usually tell my boss I am coughing up blood when I don't feel like going into work.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    When I started reading I thought about TB. Toward the end I was recalling a favorite treatment for illness during the 1700's and 1800's -- mercury. Coughing up blood, losing hair and teeth falling out would all be consistent with mercury poisoning.

I wonder what Janet Reno would think of this.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Nov 2004
    I'm 39. Understandably my hands are calloused, but how did I manage to avoid the pustules, bloody pflegm and death by 17?

Registered
    May 2004
    Seems like he would have been way to sick to slap the snot out of the bauld monkey after the first few stages.

Bob

Registered
    May 2003
    Well, see you gotta wash your hands before and after. Especially if you live in a time before antibiotics.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Probably didn't have the courtesy to buy himself dinner beforehand. I say the jerk had it coming.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Well back in those days... pregnancy and periods where also labeled as "diseases"... Boy have we gotten smarter in the last 200 years... although.... this does not actually include all (I bet there are people in rural communities that still believe that mastrubation and pregnancy are diseases...)

I don't know where I got thsi quote but is something like: "Individuals can be smart, people are dumb crazy and unpredictable."

I would have been dead a long time ago.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Off-topic:
    Quote Originally posted by SkeLeton
    Well back in those days... pregnancy and periods where also labeled as "diseases"... Boy have we gotten smarter in the last 200 years... although.... this does not actually include all (I bet there are people in rural communities that still believe that mastrubation and pregnancy are diseases...)
    Actually, American work-place policies still tend to treat pregnancy as a disease: In place of good maternity leave policies, a lot of women take sickleave or get time off for their "disability". And, really, the American attitude tends to assume that pain and suffering are "normal" for a woman's period. To my mind, that is categorizing it like it is a disease -- and the "Cure" is not to make sure women have healthy periods. No, because the period itself is viewed like it is The Problem, when the "female troubles" get troublesome enough, they routinely perform hysterectomies -- which is similar to castration, in that the ovaries provide hormones which regulate the sex drive, etc, similar to what testicles do for a man. You can bet they will never casually start telling men (about their testicles) "You are done making babies, so you don't need those anymore. Let's just relieve you of the burden of putting up with the hassle of having them." (the way they say that to women about their uterus and ovaries)

Where do you get this weird idea that we have come so far? Is it really that much better in Chile?

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    It actually sounds like some of the crap the current administration is forcing schools to use for modern sex education. It certainly isn't any less accurate than what the gop demands in its presently mandatory "Abstinance only" campaigns.

Good thing we have advanced over the centuries.
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Son of a *&^$... we are all going to die!
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    Son of a *&^$... we are all going to die!
    yup, what he said. But I just took a test on Netscape, I'm suppose to live to 73. No questions about playing lacrosse.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 8
    Last post: 08 Feb 2008, 9:16 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last post: 30 May 2006, 5:22 PM
  3. Why can't this happen to me?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 12
    Last post: 15 Sep 2004, 4:50 PM
  4. It was bound to happen.
    Friday Afternoon Club