Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: New show on TLC, the same as the rest... but different.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries

New show on TLC, the same as the rest... but different.

I briefly saw an ad last night on the Idiot Box, for a new show on TLC. It seems to be another design/consturction/before&after show.... (bluuuh...yawn) But this time I guess they are making over a whole town. Has anyone else seen this? I am kind of interested and maybe have a show to watch with my girlfriend....

But I have the feeling it will dissappoint me. Like all the other home improvement shows that basically show no home improvement, just a before and after.
    As someone who is probably buying a "handyman's dream" house this spring I'd love to see how to actually do much on the improvements.... I miss This Old House
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN
    I miss This Old House
    It is still on. I'm a regular viewer, though the New Yankee Workshop is better.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by ludes98
    It is still on. I'm a regular viewer, though the New Yankee Workshop is better.
    What channel? Is it/Was it on PBS...?
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN
    What channel? Is it/Was it on PBS...?
    Yes it is on our PBS stations still. Though you can catch the old episodes on HGTV and TLC.

Check this for listings in your area. http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tvpr...16617,,00.html

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by ludes98
    Yes it is on our PBS stations still. Though you can catch the old episodes on HGTV and TLC.

Check this for listings in your area. http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tvpr...16617,,00.html

THANKS! It is on at 4:30pm mountain time and 3:30 in the morning.... I'm at work or asleep, but that's why we have programmable VCRs

Much obliged, sir. <tips his hat>

-Peart

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    So I guess the same show was discussed yesterday. I apologize for starting the new thread...

After reading the Times article just now, I don;t think I want to watch it now, and will be looking for something else on TV.... maybe the Nuggets will start to win again...
    Thanks

-Peart

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 35
    Last post: 06 Jan 2010, 3:20 PM
  2. Rest In Peace, Karol
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 23
    Last post: 05 Apr 2005, 12:17 AM
  3. Now I can rest easy
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 8