Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: To all the dog people

Registered
    Oct 2000

To all the dog people

Interesting article on CNN this morning that made me think of Dan, Plannergirl and all the other planners with dogs:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science...eut/index.html

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Nice... my alma mater makes it into the news, and it's about talking dogs

Registered
    Mar 2002

Dogs ROCK!

i KNEW Oreo could count! I was telling Dave that this AM!!!!!

My Oreo is a brain with legs, now his brother...is a dim wit.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by nerudite
    Nice... my alma mater makes it into the news, and it's about talking dogs
    You went to Brazil's Pontifical Catholic University of Minas Gerais in Belo Horizonte too?

There is no doub that dogs are intelligent. I have seen too many of them train their humans to do their bidding.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Heck. They needed (federally-funded?) research to tell them that dogs' barks mean different things? Maybe they can complete a study that confirms that dogs like to sniff things.

Scientists!

Registered
    Aug 2001

Thanks, BKM

There's a great book out, although dated now, called "Drunken Goldfish". It's about all of the rediculous Federally funded research that has been performed over the years. My favorite study result --- Disco music makes spiders amorous.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Michael Stumpf

You went to Brazil's Pontifical Catholic University of Minas Gerais in Belo Horizonte too?
    That sounds way too interesting to be where I went to school. Nope... I was an Aggie (whatever the hell that is!)

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Re: To all the dog people

Originally posted by KMateja
    Interesting article on CNN this morning that made me think of Dan, Plannergirl and all the other planners with dogs:
    Better yet ... something I've known for a long time.

Dogs laugh.'Tis true. If I tickle either of my dogs on their bellies, they'll smile, and make an irregular panting sound that covers a wider tonal range than a regular pant.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Dec 2001

I'm owned

This is Hatcher (if you don't know hockey, he's the captain of the Dallas Stars) I'm now owned by a weimeraner. He outsmarts me at every turn. I fully believe dogs are much smarter than we think-
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Re: I'm owned

Originally posted by TexasPlanner
    I'm now owned by a weimeraner. He outsmarts me at every turn.
    If you didn't go "awwwwww" at the sight of those paws, you're not a dog person. When I moved to Orlando, Bailey's best friend was a Weimie. Goofy, silly dog.

Registered
    Dec 2001

awwwww, shucks...

Yeah, I'm the proud mommy- I even have him up on weim.net since I'm such a sucker for the blue eyes, big paws, and the water drooling..
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    A few more Portuguese Water Dog pictures ... not mine or my dogs. Bailey and Guinness aren't really typical of the breed, because they're predominantly white with some black coloring. Most Porties are either entirely black, brown, or black with some white spots.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Laughing Dogs

Yes Dan, it is true. I have one Keeshond that mostly just smiles, but the other one smiles and laughs.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Yum my mut laughs his ass off *actualy falls over doing it* when the dumb ass beagle runs into something at full force (walls, doors, trees)

Dan it wont let me post my boys pics, says i put it up on some other post in the past
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Originally posted by PlannerGirl
    Dan it wont let me post my boys pics, says i put it up on some other post in the past
    Just rename it and upload it again ... it should work.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by nerudite

That sounds way too interesting to be where I went to school. Nope... I was an Aggie (whatever the hell that is!)
    You went to Texas A & M?

Registered
    Aug 2001

Jen...

Scary as it may seem... Texas A&M isn't the only school with the Aggie mascot. I went to the University of California, Davis.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2002
    I am owned by a german shepherd mix who is a genius at manipulating her dad & I into doing whatever she wants. She is hell bent on talking and tries her darndest to form sentences in doggie speak. She does a pretty good job of conveying what she wants us to do for her, better than many people in fact!

That weimie is the cutest thing I have seen since my friend's 8 week old blue great dane this weekend. 8 weeks old & weighs at least 20 pounds! The cat is terrified.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 48
    Last post: 02 Jun 2013, 2:43 PM
  2. What people think I do
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 28
    Last post: 17 Apr 2012, 6:21 PM
  3. Replies: 74
    Last post: 08 Dec 2004, 11:24 AM
  4. People
    Friday Afternoon Club