Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Finally above 50F

Finally above 50F

For the first time since March 7, the temperature has reached 50F.

So far, in this region, it has been one of the coldest March's on record, with the average temperature 5 degrees below normal (which is a significant number streched over such a long period of time). The normal high for this time of year is 50F and yet we have reached that number only for the fifth time this whole year. Every day this month has been below normal except for a three day stretch early in the month (with one of those days skewed by a "midnight high*", I believe)

This must also be the latest in the year that Toledo has not reached 60F. It is not uncommon to hit 60F or even 70F by mid-March.

Let's hope the 50+ weather is here to stay and maybe even a stretch of 60s by next weekend.

*A day in which the midnight temperature is the highest of the day, common in winter. It unfairly skews the average temperature of the day because it is counted as the official high for that day even though everyone's asleep and the daytime high could be much colder. They should add up the hourly readings and divide by 24 instead of just averaging out the high and low temp for the day.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    yep, you get that lake-effect cooling that keeps it 10-20 degrees cooler than those inland. This march has been frustratingly cold in the midwest.
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Even down here at the Gateway to the South it has been unseasonably cold. This March is coming in like a lion and going out like one too.

But there's hope: the trees are starting to fatten up, the grass is getting greener, and I've had visits from a really sweet songbird -- a rufous sided twohee. Even though I like the cold/snow, I'm about ready for spring.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Mar 2004
    It is a beautiful day here in Mobile, AL. 69F and sunny. This also means hot as hell weather is about 1.5 months away.

I am celebrating this warm weather by sneezing my head off....where's my benadryl???!!!
    All negativeness aside, I have been enjoying the warmer temps. I can't wait to get outside and work in my yard/garden...sniffling and sneezing all the way!

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Luckily, here in Chicagoland, the nicest day is projected to be tomorrow, which is great because tonight I have ZBA.

I intend to take a nice looooooong walk with my wife and dog when I get home from work tomorrow.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    After a eally crappy weekend the weather is beautiful today and only projected to be better tommorrow...still haven't gotten the house painted due tot he rotten weather...shooting for next weekend though...plus all my hostas and other plants are boming in

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    It is 59 right now, and a chance of the Mid 60's tomorrow. I hope that the remaining snow banks will melt.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Jan 2005
    It rained like mad here yesterday from about 1:pm 'till about 7:pm then it just stopped and the stars came out. Been sunny here all day except if feels rather cool here tonight. Overall, we've had some pretty darn nice weather.... 50's to low 80's- daytime temps for the past several months

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I think it may have been above 50 earlier in the month, of course the next day a front came in and it was back to sub-zero temps. It was in the 40s and raining today, which for some reason felt warm to me.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Today, Wednesday, 3-30-05, the Toledo area temperature is going to be way above average.......about 70-degrees Farenheit. And sunny!

Even the Upper Peninsula of Michigan is experiencing some above-average temperatures this week. All of the snowmobile snow depth reporting sites on the internet are now saying, "Don't bother coming up unless you trailer your sled back into the woods. The snow in the woods is still good and deep but any access from out of the woods is mud and gravel."

Yamaha Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Currently 68 degrees (8:35 a.m.)
    UV Index: 2 Low
    Wind: CALM
    Humidity: 64%
    Pressure: 30.06 in.
    Dew Point: 56°F
    Visibility: 10.0 miles

Forecast: High near 85F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.

[B]I'd rather be at the beach

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I think its suppossed to get up to 53 today. Which will probably be the warmest it has been all year.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Might reach 70 today! Usually, we'll have a warm front that moves in for a couple days with this kinda weather several weeks ago. Not this year.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    71 here in Missouri...turned off the heat and opened all the windows..ughu I hate being stuck in this office

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Today it will be in the 80s here. I am so happy. Finally, good weather. I will have more people in my class. Yay!

Mr. TN told me that Philly will be around 65 today. I hope they do get some nice weather.

Registered
    Feb 1998
    Mid 70s the past 3 days. Time to take down illigal campaign signs.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Finally here...
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 21 Jan 2006, 6:30 PM
  2. Finally...
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 28 Mar 2005, 11:44 AM
  3. Finally! Peers!
    Introduce Yourself