Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Planners Fantasy Football League

Planners Fantasy Football League

Ok, so I'll admit it, I am a fantasy football junkie. I can't get enough of it. Football season is my favorite time of year, and fantasy football makes it better. That being said, I thought it would be a cool idea to have a cyburbia leage. I could set up a free league on yahoo.com or sandbox.com and we could do an auto-draft, where you set up a ranked list and the website drafts for you.

I don't know how many football fans are on here, so this may be a bad idea. I guess I will wait and see what the response is.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I'm in.

I'll call McNabb as my QB and I want the bIrds defense too

Registered
    Oct 2001

I'm in...

I'll set one up on sandbox if we can get ten folks to play...

But the live drafts are MUCH more fun!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I'm in. Set up it up on Yahoo. I usually have several teams going in several places.

Hope I get Warner.......

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    I'll play on yahoo...I usually play in 2 leagues...why not a third!
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Oct 2001

Yahoo v. Sandbox

Can we get this going? Why Yahoo?

I've always loved Sandbox, and I have a Yahoo and a CNN/SI already going...

And, live or not? Thoughts?

Registered
    Mar 2002
    I'm in....

Yahoo or Sandbox, it doens't matter to me. It will be fun to read the trash talk.......it will be similar to the normal cyburbia forums, but with football played inbetween.

Hey, I would love to do a live online draft, if we can find a good time to do it.

Yahoo or Sandbox works for me. I did a yahoo league last year and I found the site more enjoyable than sandbox. Sandbox loves to fill your mailbox with spam. They also try and sell you a subscription to Playboy ever other time you log in.

If you already have a league going in yahoo or sandbox, you can always use a different e-mail to set up a new team.

Commissioner.com rules, but this year they are charging $120 per league.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I always liked Yahoo, and let's be real here we might as well go for the auto draft because we are never going to be able to do a live draft, they take forever over the net and I honestly can't have that up on my computer all day at work.

We gotta bring some of the women in too so we can beat up on them and steal all their good players from them. HEHE

Last edited by NHPlanner; 02 Aug 2005 at 4:26 PM.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Originally posted by Mike DeVuono
    We gotta bring some of the women in too so we can beat up on them and steal all their good players from them. HEHE

You have GOT to be kidding, right???????????? If you want it like that, then BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

What about Planderella? Seems like she was a big Saints fan.

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'm sitting out my regular FFL league this year due to time constraints. Even with cbssportsline's web service, I was never around at the right time to get my roster set for the week. Ugg. As a result I placed 10th out of 12 teams. Maybe next year I'll be sitting around tapping pencils looking to keep busy...

ooops, you beat me to it Planderella.

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Oct 2001

Compromise?

Yahoo live, or Sandbox autopick?

Of course, one fine option for us would be the Sandbox "slow live draft", in which you have up to 24 hours to make a pick.

More thoughts? (And Planderella will pick Ricky Williams in the first round... and bench him for the season.)

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Getting everyone together at once for a live draft would be problematic, but either of the other two options would work for me. I've never used sandbox, but I'd try it.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I know squat about football... but come hockey season I'd love to do fantasy hockey. Of course, it may just be Tranplanner and I... and even then we are both Leafs fans, so it may not be a diverse pool...

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Originally posted by jtfortin
    What about Planderella? Seems like she was a big Saints fan.
    I still am a big Saints fan, despite the changes in management and the constant soap opera-worthy personal dramas of the players.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Apr 1996

Why not both yahoo and sandbox?

I'm more comfortable on yahoo, and would gladly set it up (today if you want). Perhaps we have 2 leagues, I could set up yahoo (and post the necessary information to join the league)and jfortin could set one up on sandbox?
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I think Nerudite got it right, but I'm not sure how many Leafs I'd be picking for this coming season

However, I'm up for joining the football pool. Just don't laugh at my stupid picks.

The sandbox slow live draft is a pretty cool feature. You can que up players and set it to auto draft if you won't be around to make your picks. This feature also works well when you get into round 10 or 11 and the only players left on the board are kickers and tight ends.

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Apr 1996

Yahoo Cyburbia Football League

Allright...I got motivated enough to start a yahoo league. It's limited to the first 20 teams (19 slots are left). I chose Autodraft for simplicity, and head to head format for scoring. I hope this doesn't discourage anyone from starting up any companion leagues on other sites!

In order to join, just go to http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1, click the Sign Up Now! button and choose to Join a Private League. Then, when prompted, enter the following information...

League ID#: 136493
    Password: sprawlstinks

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Okay - I'm in. What do I do now?

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Originally posted by Tranplanner
    Okay - I'm in. What do I do now?
    Pre-rank the players you'd like to draft.

Once we have a full league and everyone has ranked their players I'll let yahoo do the draft.

Registered
    Oct 2001

I'll do Sandbox.

The site is:

http://www.sandbox.com/fullcontact/prot-doc/home.jsp

I suggest starting a hotmail account to sign up... no spam that way.

Leauge Name: Dan Tasman is a planning god
    Password: ElGuapo

Draft Date: Aug 6 2002 1:00PM ET It's slow live draft. It's fun to do, and I hope we get 10 people in by next Tuesday.

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Here's what Yahoo just e-mailed me:

Welcome to Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football.

This is to confirm that you've created the Private League named Cyburbia Football League and the team called Concord Kodiaks in that league.

To allow other coaches to join your league, send them the League ID# and Password. In your case, the ID# is 136493 and the Password is sprawlstinks.

You have chosen for your league to take part in an Autopick draft. Until the draft takes place, you (and only you) can change the type of draft by using the Change Draft Type option found among your Commissioner Tools, which can be reached from your League Overview page.

Your league's draft can begin as soon as everyone is ready, but must be conducted by Thursday, October 3. Simply use the Change Draft Status option found among your Commissioner Tools to tell us that you are ready, and we'll notify you by email as soon as the draft is complete.

We have set default player rankings for you, but suggest you personalize them to your liking. All league members can begin pre-ranking players as soon as they want by simply going to the Fantasy Football home page and clicking on their team name.

Thanks for joining. Good luck.

--Fantasy Football Commissioner
    http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Fantasy Football
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 10 Jul 2010, 8:06 PM
  2. What's fantasy football?
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 30 Nov 2004, 12:06 PM
  3. Replies: 77