Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Fast Food Mis-orders

Registered
    Sep 1999

Fast Food Mis-orders

http://www.wftv.com/news/4168827/detail.html

I can sympathize with this. Probably 75% of the fast-food orders I make end up incorrect in the bag. No straw, no salad dressing, wrong drink, etc. And they get so pissy when you call 'em on it.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    you just can't get it your way!!!!!!!!!!
    You darn tootin', I like fig newtons!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Hmmm... If the manager said just take what you get, then I could see throwing it at her. But if she is asking for the sandwich back to replace it, then the customer was out of line.

I have had a few problems with orders in the past. The worst is when I request no mayo, and then get a sandwich with mayo.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    The worst is ordering take out kids' meals to find no toy once you get home.

I insist on what I order, and call the store if take out is messed up. The manager usually offers something free to get you back into the store. Our local (fried) chicken store messes up anything that is not on the picture menu. Once, an order was so wrong that we emailed corporate. That was good for a free meal and a manager who got in some trouble. Now, on the rare times I go there, I empty the bag on the counter to make sure the order is right.

Registered
    Mar 2003
    It is not just in fast food.
    We stopped by a nice chain restuarant on our way home on vacation the other day.
    When we got our salad it had the wrong salad dressing on it. No fresh oven bread was served like other people were getting, when she finally came back around, we got our new salad with so much dressing we couldn't eat it. Then she brought our steak out and never came back to check and see if it was done right, which it wasn't. She came back at the end to ask if we wanted dessert and that was it.
    We left her a $.95 tip. Then went on line and complained. We usually don't do that but it was a nice steakhouse and she was just terrible.
    King B got a call from the District manager gravelling and explaining how this wasn't the first time and that she had been ordered off the floor before and she by god was not going back on the floor again and the manager might just loose his job over it too. Also explaining that they had numerous complaints that this was not an isolated situation, they usually didn't take such extreme meassure over one or two complaints.
    We received a $50 gift certificate for our next meal. Problem is that we have to go to KC to use it, but I am sure we will find some reason.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    I rarely eat fast food (if classified as Mc D's burgers and the such) and never use the drive though... So no problems around here.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Fast Food Advertising
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 24
    Last post: 27 Aug 2011, 10:59 PM
  2. Uses Gas station/fast food impacts
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 05 Nov 2010, 8:38 PM
  3. Who has the best fast food?
    Friday Afternoon Club