Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Glenwood Park (in Atlanta) photo album

Glenwood Park (in Atlanta) photo album

I got a chance to do more wandering around the New Urbanist development in progress near my house, GLenwood Park. I also got to chat with some of the earliest neighbors who seem to be loving it.

My update is at:

Oct 2001
    Solano County, California
    Interesting. It reminds me (to an amazing degree) of a Neo-Victorian development in the East Bay suburb of Hercules, CA. Hercules was once a gunpowder town, then it saw typical 70s style development, but recently decided to go "New Urbanist" There is an old core of company housing, ruined industrial buyidlings, and a couple of other company buildings-now being surrounded by a very dense (still $700k), actually somewhat well done New Urbanist town. To the north is a more conventional subdivision (front facing garages, for example)-but the development is built around an interesting, very formal park corridor. They are also moving toward old-timey commercial.

Although "new," it is also "infill" in that it was not sold for development until quite recentl;y (The Hercules Company held onto it, I understand)

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12
    Last post: 13 Mar 2008, 8:41 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 31 Mar 2005, 6:38 AM
  3. Iraq Photo Album
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 07 Jul 2004, 5:38 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last post: 05 Jun 2004, 11:35 AM