Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Scott Peterson wins a free trip ..

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Scott Peterson wins a free trip ..

... to Hell, on Ol' Sparky.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../laci_peterson

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - A judge formally sentenced Scott Peterson (news - web sites) to death Wednesday after calling the murder of his pregnant wife, Laci, "cruel, uncaring, heartless and callous."

Judge Alfred A. Delucchi then allowed family members to speak, prompting a shouting match that led to Peterson's father storming out of the courtroom.

Lee Peterson yelled from the audience as Laci's brother, Brent Rocha, spoke to the court, saying "Laci and Conner are the true victims here."

"What a liar!" Lee Peterson said before the judge admonished him and he left the courtroom. Jackie Peterson, Scott Peterson's mother, also interrupted Rocha but her voice was inaudible.

Scott Peterson, 32, was invited to make a statement. After several minutes of discussion with his attorneys, he declined.

[snip]
    That boy'll make a nice bitch for Big Leon at San Quentin.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Aug 2001
    U.S. House backs $81.4 billion war spending bill

http://www.reuters.com/financeNewsAr...toryID=7924714

<SNIP>

The U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday easily approved an $81.4 billion war spending bill that would slash President George W. Bush's foreign aid request and include nearly $2 billion more than he sought for defense.

The House voted 388-43 for the bill that includes a measure rejecting Bush's plan to use part of the money to build an embassy in Iraq, potentially delaying construction.

"The bill involves sizable amounts of money designed essentially to support our troops wherever they may be but especially in the Middle East," said House Appropriations Committee Chairman Jerry Lewis, a California Republican.

The Senate must approve its version of the bill and then the two chambers will have to work out differences before it can become law. The Senate is expected to start work on it next month.

"I thank the House for its quick action and look forward to working with the Senate so that all of my top priorities are included in the final legislation," Bush said in a statement.

If approved,
    the bill would bring to almost $300 billion the amount Congress has authorized in emergency war spending since U.S.-led forces invaded Iraq in March 2003.

<SNIP>
    That bill'll make a nice bitch of the US Economy in the Global Marketplace.
    Last edited by Wannaplan?; 18 Sep 2006 at 9:46 PM.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    But hey, veto the highway bill... I mean, our infrastructure doesn't need rebuilding!

I wonder... if I bomb the crap out of my streets... hmmmm...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Dan
    ... to Hell, on Ol' Sparky.

That boy'll make a nice bitch for Big Leon at San Quentin.
    Yes, Scott Peterson got the death penalty, but I heard on the news yesterday that he has enough appeals to see him alive through another 18 YEARS!!!
    Sometimes, I almost think judges should get a gun in the courtroom...would at least serve to save us some money.....
    How do I know you are who you think you are?

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow
    Quote Originally posted by RandomPlanner...
    Yes, Scott Peterson got the death penalty, but I heard on the news yesterday that he has enough appeals to see him alive through another 18 YEARS!!!
    Sometimes, I almost think judges should get a gun in the courtroom...would at least serve to save us some money.....
    I agree. What ever happened to the days when people were marched from the courtroom to the gallows.
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. The Verdict is in (Scott Peterson)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 27
    Last post: 15 Dec 2004, 4:59 PM
  2. Scott Peterson: Who Cares?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 22
    Last post: 14 Nov 2004, 1:35 AM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last post: 09 Jun 2003, 9:38 AM