Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has this been done before?

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001

Has this been done before?

Greetings from Idaho. OK, what do we all wear under our stuffiy planner clothes? Briefs, boxers, panties, or thongs?

I wear briefs (Calvin Kleins) during the winter. But I let my junk hang free now that it's summer (and I've left the profession).

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Okay, seriously ... boxers. They gotta' have ... ahem ... some room to breathe, y'know.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Since I'm the only planner with insomnia that is sick enough (or geeky enough) to hang here, I get to be the first chick to answer this one.

Sorry to say guys, but it's just bikinis here... no thongs to be seen. You'll have to wait for the G.R.I.T.S. or those D.C. metro planners to get the info on that

"Usually briefs"

Registered
    Mar 2002
    DC metro is up and moving-thongs when worn

Hey cant have undie lines with latex-how unlady like!

MUCH rather date a guy with boxers than tighty whities (sp?) YUCK its like grandma undies for men
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Originally posted by PlannerGirl
    MUCH rather date a guy with boxers than tighty whities
    I'm with PG (Hey, maybe that's a sign!) on this one.
    I wear bikinis/boxers/nothing depending on when I last did my washing and who slept over
    Glorious Technicolor, Breath-Taking CinemaScope and Stereophonic Sound!

Registered
    Oct 2000
    I'm throwing my lot in with Danie and Jo, I'm a big boxers fan - my husband has a whole drawer of tighties that I've never see him wear, but he insists on keeping them for the 2 times a month in the summer that we play tennis, and after just one disastrous hysterical laughing fit on my part, he now changes in the bathroom for tennis.

As for me, I think like most women we have a wide variety of underwear to fit the different occasions. I don't think there are many women who *love* to wear thongs, but when the outfit calls, you just have to.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Uh...interesting thread.

Boxers, sports-boxers, and some briefs. I go Commando at home or on the weekends if it's really hot out.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Thongs....that's all I ever wear.

No seriously...boxers. Does anyone wear tighty whities anymore?

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Mike - my dad does. he's about 5'4", looks like a little bald freckled leprachuan and he sleeps in his tighties and will forget when his children are home visiting for the weekend and comes to breakfast in his underpants.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    There went soda out my nose! *cleaned the sinuses on the way*

eww Kel that is NOT something i wanted to have a vision of in my head-thats just GROSS!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Boxer-briefs mostly with a few pair of TW's still hanging around.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Oct 2000
    ah, danie, if you even knew the extent of it. His favorite bathing suit to don when my teenage friends would come over to swim was his electric blue speedo. and he's a furry little guy. god bless him. I'd direct you to his web page, but I'm afraid el guapo will email him and tattle on me.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Boxer briefs, a few TW's, usually only commando in the lycra biking shorts.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Ya know im sure your pops is a great guy but i dont want to see. Now im thinking about my dad and his nudist beach trips. EWWWWW

he calls me for sex advice with his girlfriends-squick!

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Boxers, I used to have a specific model number that I liked with a snap fly. Don't you just hate it when junior makes a break for freedom when your walking down the street? What do you do?

Registered
    Oct 2001

Boxers - White Cotton

I like the ones with the one snap on the flap. It keeps him from looking around the room first thing in the morning. Kelly, your Dad and I have been in touch for sometime now. See you Christmas!

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Eek! I cannot even imagine a world with El Guapo and my dad together - both are big gun afficionados, both are big pot stirrers. Unfortunately, my dad is a flaming liberal, so any meeting of the two would probably result in a Potato Cannon Duel (my dad's favorite homemade toy).

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by giff57
    Don't you just hate it when junior makes a break for freedom when your walking down the street?
    Or, how bout in the cycling lycras when someone the likes of Planderella catches your eye.

*crosses legs while walking across the street*

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by PlannerGirl
    MUCH rather date a guy with boxers than tighty whities (sp?) YUCK its like grandma undies for men
    I don't know if I agree with this... I'm dating a guy that wears boxers, TW, and the long sports TW (what are these called?)... I think if someone has a kickin' bod, they can pull off the TW (I meant figuratively, but I suppose literally works too). If a guy has nice legs and a good bum, TWs can be quite attractive... look at all those Calvin Klein billboards.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by nerudite
    the long sports TW (what are these called?)
    Around here they're marketed as 'sport briefs' or boxer briefs'

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Originally posted by KMateja
    Mike - my dad does. he's about 5'4", looks like a little bald freckled leprachuan and he sleeps in his tighties and will forget when his children are home visiting for the weekend and comes to breakfast in his underpants.
    I bet he forgets to cut his fingernails, too!

Dad -- gotta' love him -- has Fruit of the Looms that date back to the Eisenhower administration.

Every year, the 'rents buy me pajamas for Christmas. I never, ever wear them, instead wearing boxers or just going cowboy.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Dan ill trade with you, i love PJs-my dad buys me PVC for holidays

I dont think he understands this is not a FAMILY thing

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Originally posted by nerudite

and the long sports TW (what are these called?)...

Boxer Briefs....my wife like's them, and they're not as loose as boxers so that I don't have the "breaks for freedom" that giff spoke of.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Ya best have an outstanding bum and...stuff to wear those-they just dont appel to me

silk boxers now that gets my little heart going pitter patter

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast