• orange

3 4.92%
  • citrus (e.g. squirt)

0 0%
  • root beer

7 11.48%
  • that yellow stuff (e.g. Mountain dew)

4 6.56%
  • that cherry flavored stuff (e.g. Dr. Pepper)

6 9.84%
  • ginger ale

3 4.92%
  • red pop

0 0%
  • lemon/lime (e.g. 7-up)

7 11.48%
  • cream soda

2 3.28%
  • other (anything)

9 14.75%
+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Soft drink poll

Registered
    Feb 2004

Soft drink poll

Coca Cola and Pepsico sell enough cola products a year to carbonate Lake Michigan (hmmm, an environmentally feasible idea?), but WHY cola? Is cola really the soft drink beverage of choice for the great majority of people on earth or is this a matter of marketing/branding forming consumers' preferences. I think cola is OK but given my druthers I'd rather have an icy cold ginger ale or a frothy root beer. Please contribute to the betterment of mankind by responding to the poll.
    'Subtypes' such as vanilla cola are not included as a separate category, but should be listed as 'other'
    Consider the listed flavors to include 'diet' subtypes. (confused now?)
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2004

ok

I LOVE my daily Coke.....but Arizona Ice Tea is my favorite right now.....
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Coca-Cola for me.
    Close runner up is Dr. Pepper..how can you call it cherry flavored though?
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Generally I don't drink a lot of soda, but when I do, I tend to prefer ginger ale or 7-up. Sometimes I go on an Orange phase. But nothing beats pizza with a pepsi.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by boiker
    Coca-Cola for me.
    Close runner up is Dr. Pepper..how can you call it cherry flavored though?
    Isn't Dr. Pepper really a cherry cola? Maybe its just my taste buds.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jul 2002
    If it is not Beer, Water, or Coffee, then my beverage of choice is Cream Soda.

However I don't drink a lot of Cream Soda since it is difficult to find a good one.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I hate soda and always have. Sometimes grape, orange or cream are OK in a pinch, but I can't stand cola.

What's so great about carbonation? The only fizzy drink I like is

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I hardly ever drink soda and when I do it is usually a Diet Cola of some sort.
    Regular soda is too sugary for me.

Has anyone had a Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray. I used to order one with a pastrami on rye with spicy mustard at this Jewish deli my friends would take me to. (A VERY aquired taste)

Hmmm, I see a reunion trip there next time all the guys are in Denver.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Maister
    Isn't Dr. Pepper really a cherry cola? Maybe its just my taste buds.
    It might be the closest thing you can compare it to.. Any Texans want to disclose the real flavor of Dr. Pepper?
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    I have a 12 of Dr. Pepper under my desk. I think it taste better warm.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Ginger Ale for me.

I thought the main secret ingredient in Dr. Pepper was ... gulp ... prunes!

Oh, yeah. Anybody else have a pop called Big Red? Very, very popular here in Indiana. Blecchhh. I mean the worst pop since Fanta Chocolate.
    Last edited by Gedunker; 11 Feb 2005 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Forgot Big Red!
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    I have recently switched to diet cola...i am beginning to like it...of late my favorite carbonated drink is 7up plus..anyone tried it?? I love it...

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I like tonic water----in my gin.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I voted for orange soda, but rarely drink soda. Mostly I'll drink water or fruit juice, but one of my favorite drinks is Aunt Rosie's Loganberry, which as far as I know is only availiable in Buffalo area supermarkets and restaurants. Its incredibly sweet but tastes great served cold.

Registered
    Oct 2003
    I drink at least a 6 pack of diet coke a day. In the evenings I switch to caffeine free classic which probably rounds me out to about 10 a day!!! Consequently I try to brush 3-4 times day. I have given it up several times, but I love cola. I used to be a huge Dr. Pepper drinker, but find it a little sweet for me now. I have been considering getting serious about my pop/soda and going here. It is online, but their shop is down the street from my office.

Registered
    Dec 2004
    Dr Pepper is a personal favourite of mine, although I'm not sure what it actually tastes of. Its quite an acquired taste though.

The UK advert for it has the tag lines - "Try it, you might like it", and "Dr Pepper - So misunderstood"........It doesn't sell that well here

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by boiker
    It might be the closest thing you can compare it to.. Any Texans want to disclose the real flavor of Dr. Pepper?
    Carbonated prune juice? At least as far as the effect it has on my system. But I do love Dr. Pepper.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I don't drink much, but lately it's been diet vanilla coke , or diet cherry vanilla dr pepper.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

I rarely drink any soda, but when I do I most often reach for a root beer. I love Sprecher, Mug's, and A&W, but hate Barq's. I use coke and sprite frequently as mixers.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    I'm a fizzy mineral water girl. Used to like Coke and Mtn. Dew, but after a while it just wasn't doing me any good. Does count as soda?
    I don't dream. I plan.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Where’s the bourbon flavor option on the poll? I have never really acquired a taste for most soft drinks so if you see me drinking one you can almost guarantee that it’s as a mixer only.

I do however like Sprit, Ginger Ale (the real deal spicy stuff), San Pellegrino – Limonata, and some good ol’ white trash Cheerwine. Come to think of it I haven’t had a Cheerwine in years. Does anyone know if it’s still being made?

Registered
    Dec 2003
    I like orange pop. Goes great with vodka. I also like Aunt Rosie's Loganberry. Also goes great with vodka.

I'm sensing a pattern here
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Rumpy Tunanator
    I like orange pop. Goes great with vodka. I also like Aunt Rosie's Loganberry. Also goes great with vodka.

I'm sensing a pattern here
    try 7up plus with vodka...not too sweet..perfect...

Registered
    Mar 2004

Odd....

No one has said they like Jolt the best......Ahh....that stuff was great......I once drank so much that I figured out it was about 1,000 mgs of caffeine in all.....5 litres total......over about 6 hours An overdose of caffeine is 10,000mg..... That was a bad thing to do......I know that now......
    Skilled Adoxographer

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Dr. Pepper - some of it is cane sugary, not corn syrupy. I stopped drinking the ones sweetened with corn syrup. Occasionally, I'll buy one of the Mexican brands from our supermarket.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 19
    Last post: 03 Mar 2014, 4:38 PM
  2. Replies: 55
    Last post: 24 Oct 2002, 7:48 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last post: 08 Oct 2002, 5:30 PM