Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Internship in Chicago?

Registered
    Jan 2004

Internship in Chicago?

Hey, I recently moved to Chicago after several years in Baltimore, and I really do not know the landscape here. I am looking for an internship(unpaid is fine) that I can work from now until I start Grad school in September. However, looking on the web hasn't gotten me much in the way of leads. Does anyone know of any community development or housing org's that I can work with in Chicago? I understand that they usually don't post internships, but that an inquiry and resume can help get you one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Tell us more. Where in Chicago are you interested in looking - the city itself, west suburbs, north suburbs? What aspects of planning interest you?
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Cardinal
    Tell us more. Where in Chicago are you interested in looking - the city itself, west suburbs, north suburbs? What aspects of planning interest you?
    Sorry, I was a little skimpy on the details... I'm interested in working in the city itself, as I live there and would like to be able to take the L. In Baltimore, I worked in neighborhood organizing (block projects, safety issues, neighborhood improvement, housing code enforcement, etc.), and plan to focus on community development when I am in Grad School. What most interested me was working on vacant housing and housing code enforcement (for the really bad landlords). Affordable housing is also an area I'd like to work in more....

Registered
    Jan 2005

what grad school

are you attending? if you're already accepted, just ask them when their internship fair is.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Job+internship
    Student Commons
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 01 Jul 2010, 11:38 AM
  2. Internship?
    Student Commons
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 01 Apr 2007, 12:48 AM
  3. Where to do an internship?
    Student Commons