Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Attn: Buffalo area people....

Registered
    Apr 2002

Attn: Buffalo area people....

I need some advice about places to stay in Buffalo... Heading to the Riviera theatre (North Tonawanda) next month and I'm wondering about hotels nearby....

Any suggestions? Coming from Toronto, never been to Buffalo so I have no idea where anything is or the nature of the area....

Need something that's relatively close and not too shady... (had bad experiences before)....

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Stalds
    I need some advice about places to stay in Buffalo... Heading to the Riviera theatre (North Tonawanda) next month and I'm wondering about hotels nearby....
    There's not really much in North Tonawanda; geographically, the closest thing you'll find will be relatively yucky 1950s-era motels on Niagara Falls Boulevard in Wheatfield. The closest area where you'll find a lot of good hotels and motels is the the Exit 5 I-290/Millersport Highway (NY 263) area in Amherst. You'll be able to get to NT by taking the 290 to Colvin Avenue north, which will take you into North Tonawanda; it's about a 20 minute drive. DO NOT DRIVE FASTER THAN 90 KM/H ON THE 290, NO MATTER WHAT. Trust me on this; speed enforcement along that expressway is intense.

Another option: the Best Western and Holiday Inn are close to Allentown, which is a fairly active neighborhood just north of downtown. Delaware Avenue north leads directly into downtown North Tonawanda, but it's all city traffic; it'll be about a 30 minute drive.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

I would stay at The Mansion on Delaware Ave, Very classy

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Try the Buffalo Tourist Lodge on Main & Best. Top of the line

I was kidding, don't go there.
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Buffalo area internships
    Student Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 29 Jun 2012, 3:08 AM
  2. Replies: 30
    Last post: 07 Dec 2009, 5:33 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last post: 31 Jan 2008, 10:54 AM
  4. Buffalo, NY: Artspace investment area