Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Exporting maps into a graphic application

Registered
    Jun 2004

Exporting maps into a graphic application

i am trying to figure out the best way to export a map from ArcGis into Coreldraw. What is the best way to go about this? I have seen some stuff in the ESRI Map Book that uses corel for post processing and such. i am just trying to get a better cartographic look which i can't seem to achieve in arcview.

note to mods if this is not the appropriate place to post this feel free to move it.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I can't help you with the exporting. I seem to think there is a function to write the map as a TIF image? I have used Corel for mapping, though, and would agree that you can get a much nicer looking map, especially if it is going to be widely used like a street map.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Dec 2003
    If your using ArcMap-ArcView, go to File: Export Map, and then save it as the type of file you want it as (i.e. jpg. gif. bmp. tif. etc.). If you want to catch the whole area, make sure you zoom out far enough, or if you just want a certian area zoom in to that part. Make sure you do that before going to file: export map.
    Last edited by Rumpy Tunanator; 23 Feb 2005 at 7:58 AM. Reason: Please delete duplicate
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Feb 2005
    If you have some cash available and are willing to switch to Adobe Illustrator, you should check out mappublisher at www.avenza.com

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 12 Sep 2012, 10:37 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last post: 11 Oct 2011, 7:59 PM
  3. Another GIS issue: exporting to PDF
    Information Technology
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 19 Oct 2009, 10:28 AM
  4. Graphic Novels
    Book Club