Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Time for Kansas to go to hell

Registered
    Jul 1998
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Oct 2003
    What the? I can agree with the edit versions, but sexual history, birth control use, and psycholigical profile? WTF?

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Welcome to what I have to live with.

Registered
    Mar 2003
    I agree. He has no business in those records.

There is plenty of opportunity for those girls to tell someone if they got pregnant because of rape so that the proper charges can be filed.

I guess people forget that 14 year olds have raging hormones and can figure out how to have sex and they don't really care what those stupid laws say.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Feb 1998
    Next target: Florence Crittenden Homes. Any pregnant girl under 16 is victim or perpetrator of a crime.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Quote Originally posted by mike gurnee
    Next target: Florence Crittenden Homes. Any pregnant girl under 16 is victim or perpetrator of a crime.
    HIPPA laws anyone?
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? More so, how the he!! do they get elected? If someone wants to know a persons 'history' then they should have a personal relationship with them... otherwise it is none of their freaking business.

I wonder if this guy was neglected as a kid, was the class geek, and did not have any friends. I bet he never got any in HS, his cousin turned him down, it caused emotional damage, and now he is out to convict anyone who did.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Boiker is refering to the
    Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Feb 2000
    When I say the title of this thread, I figured you were talking about this.

MY BUTT BUDDY

I am on a first name basis with this crusader. He's asked my on numerous occassions to help him with zoning restrictions and land use studies. Seriously, this guy thinks I'm a big alley. In fact, there have been jokes going around town about how close we really are. Phil's wife is an inspector in the Police Department. There are lots of substantiated rumors about her and her son's activties at the LIONS DEN has been a topic of conversation.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Aug 2001
    "Sexually oriented businesses are just not part of the vision city officials have for Wichita. They create false expectations about sex, hurt the economy and are demeaning to women, he said."

Does anybody ever think that SOB's are demeaning to men? Not me, of course, but most men. The do create some false expectations.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Feb 2000
    The real reason Kansas is going to hell.

I LIVE HERE.

On second thought, maybe I don't want a map to my house from mapquest on the web. That was close. Every depressed married woman within 50 miles would be at my house. Actually, this has been a problem lately.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    May 2003
    It's a strange world. The conservatives want to force women to have children. Then they reduce pollution standards for corporations that produce pollutants most likely to harm, or even kill. children.

They would toss the women in jail if they get abortions. The corporate leaders who demonstrably harm children never go to jail. In fact, they usually get subsidies or tax cuts.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    (Bear clicking heels together.....) "There's no place like home. There's no place like home."

Pay No Attention To The Man Behind The Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? ..........
    Good, honest, hardworking christians who think they have more right to tell you what to do with your body than a person does themself. It wasn't that he didn't get any in HS, its that he was properly brainwashed by his religion.

On the one hand he will tell you that liberals will want to control your pocket book and what your kids learn, but he is the type that will politely leave out the fact that he wants to do exactly the same. Only, he is worse.
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Duke Of Dystopia
    Good, honest, hardworking christians who think they have more right to tell you what to do with your body than a person does themself. It wasn't that he didn't get any in HS, its that he was properly brainwashed by his religion.

On the one hand he will tell you that liberals will want to control your pocket book and what your kids learn, but he is the type that will politely leave out the fact that he wants to do exactly the same. Only, he is worse.
    You guys are lucky... in the US you can choose to or not to do an abortion.... sure, you guys may complain that abortion clinics are filled with chirstian fundies outside bitching about it; but it's still not illegal (like here). Also, I doubt there's much fuss about the Day after pill or divorce in the US.... The pill here has been made legal and illegal so many times I've lost count... and some fundies cried when the new civil marriage law that includes the possibility of divorce passed and was enacted. (before the only "divorce" we had was some quasi-legal anullment based on lies and corrupt attorneys and witnesses... and also expensive as hell.)

I sometimes hate the excessive control that the catholic church has here... Funny thing, is that it's a sentiment shared by many catholics I know... but sadly fundies have power here.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by SkeLeton
    You guys are lucky... in the US you can choose to or not to do an abortion.... sure, you guys may complain that abortion clinics are filled with chirstian fundies outside bitching about it; but it's still not illegal (like here). Also, I doubt there's much fuss about the Day after pill or divorce in the US.... The pill here has been made legal and illegal so many times I've lost count... and some fundies cried when the new civil marriage law that includes the possibility of divorce passed and was enacted. (before the only "divorce" we had was some quasi-legal anullment based on lies and corrupt attorneys and witnesses... and also expensive as hell.)
    Actually, I think the "day after" pill is much more available in Europe. I am not sure it even got past our food and drug administration. And abortion clinics are hard to find in some places, thanks to "fundies" shooting at abortion doctors and blowing up clinics, etc. Real choice takes more than just something being legal.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 7
    Last post: 27 Mar 2012, 2:44 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last post: 18 Dec 2006, 2:39 AM
  3. Replies: 58
    Last post: 07 Dec 2005, 11:56 AM
  4. Why Kansas is going to hell!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 09 Mar 2005, 9:27 AM