Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Credit Reports

Registered
    Jul 2002

Credit Reports

Starting yesterday (March 1, 2005) those of us living in the Mitten State and other midwestern state were allowed to get a FREE copy of our credit report.

Last night I downloaded mine and found that there was an error in one of my previous addresses .

I thought this was a pretty important thing to check into given the recent increase in identity theft and all. So I am passing the info on to you.

At the present time only those living in West and the Upper Midwest States are allowed to get these reports. For you folks in the south (Texas and east) and the Northeast (VA and north) you will have to wait.

Go to this website annual credit report . com to get your free copy.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    I order copies of all 3 every July and its amazing what you can find wrong and how that causes you problems. I spent months trying to get stuff fixed this past year.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Apr 2003
    I tried yesterday, but my computer locked up. So I am going to try again this weekend once things slow down on the websites.
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    hmm. i really don't want to know what mine looks like
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by PlannerGirl
    I order copies of all 3 every July and its amazing what you can find wrong and how that causes you problems. I spent months trying to get stuff fixed this past year.
    Unfortunately the stuff that causes me problems is not wrong.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Staff reports
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 04 Feb 2009, 2:38 PM
  2. Free Credit Reports
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 30 Jul 2005, 4:26 PM
  3. Staff reports