Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Desperation plus!

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    I am thinking that this woman has issues that Jail will not take care of. I also wonder how bad that beer was.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Jul 2002
    The dude was buried with BEER & CIGARETTES! That cracks me up.

For me it would have to be a very aged, fine Scotch and a good Cuban cigar.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Who gets burried with beer an cigarrettes? Not that I encourage grave looting... but that's just ridiculous.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    It would have been easier to get the beer and cigs from the 7-11.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Burial? Psh. I want to be set aflame on a raft pushed out to sea. There will be no beer. There will be no cigarettes. There WILL be hot, sacrificial bitches, yo.

And wine.

Registered
    Aug 1997
    This sounds like some redneck joke. Lived with a woman while both were married to other people. Died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Buried with beer and cigarettes. Remains dug up by ex-lover to spite family. Come on.
    JOE ILIFF

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by SkeLeton
    Who gets burried with beer an cigarrettes? Not that I encourage grave looting... but that's just ridiculous.
    Having attended quite a few military funerals (played bugle in the VFW color guard for a couple years), I can tell you the practice of being buried with beer and/or cigarettes is common. The idea isn't really so strange if you think about it - the practice of burying the deceased with their personal effects, or even items intended for the afterlife, is one of the oldest earmarks of civilization. We're talking fire pits, stone tools and ritual burials here.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally posted by SkeLeton
    We buried my grandfather who was in WWII with a few bottles of wine that he made each year, a 6-pack of Bud (which he drove a beer truck for), and a pack of camel cigarettes.

So it's not that ridiculous Skel....
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Yup, they need to drink and smoke in the afterlife! Jeez, people. What would they prefer to have in there with them, jenga and some pez?

+ Reply to thread