Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Last Minute Rumpy's Heading South mini-Laefest Buffalo

Registered
    Apr 2004

Last Minute Rumpy's Heading South mini-Laefest Buffalo

Ok, I know this is last minute, but we're going to have a mini-laefest next Friday, March 11, here in Buffalo for Rumpy before he heads off for a warmer climate. Rumpy has chosen to celebrate at the Brickbar in Allentown. So if any of you Cyburbians from the Buffalo, Southern Ontario, Toronto, Central NY, Pittsburgh, Northern Ohio (I know I'm stretching) areas want to come out and help me send Rumpy off in Buffalo style, i.e. lots of , then come on down.
    'Planning Rockstar in training';-)

Registered
    Dec 2003
    I'll be there to send his sorry self off

Thanks thestip

I'll dredge up some people.
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Rumpy Tunanator
    I'll be there to send his sorry self off

Thanks thestip

I'll dredge up some people.
    The least I can do for a Cyburbia legend
    'Planning Rockstar in training';-)

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally posted by thestip
    The least I can do for a Cyburbia legend
    I'm no legend, just a figment of imagination in some people's minds
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    The Brick? Dude, you're over 21 now. *

I'm on the local COG grant review board, and we've got a meeting that Friday at 11:00. I'd be there if I didn't have that meeting; I'd have taken the day off, and driven to Buffalo Thursday night.

* Okay, I don't know if it still applies or not, but during my college years (late 1980s) Mulligan's Brick Bar was known for letting anybody in. The drinking age was loosely enforced in Buffalo then, but Mulligan's was renowned for it.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Take pictures, Boys. But you would probably need to fuzz the Tunanator's face out, so the authorities won't know.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Dan
    The Brick? Dude, you're over 21 now. *

I'm on the local COG grant review board, and we've got a meeting that Friday at 11:00. I'd be there if I didn't have that meeting; I'd have taken the day off, and driven to Buffalo Thursday night.

* Okay, I don't know if it still applies or not, but during my college years (late 1980s) Mulligan's Brick Bar was known for letting anybody in. The drinking age was loosely enforced in Buffalo then, but Mulligan's was renowned for it.
    I chose it because its friendly to a certian related crop grown by Homer in the episode where he moves to the farm after being challenged to a duel . Rumpy partakes in the use of this crop daily, but has to go to special places to use it.

Prohibition is alive and well out here, and so are the so called speakeasy's

It's not really underage down there anymore, if you want that you have to go to the heights, the elmwood strip by BS, or down to Chippewa Street, although a certian place that rhymes with stink lets in a younger crowd.....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by thestip
    ... a mini-laefest next Friday, March 11, here in Buffalo for Rumpy before he heads off for a warmer climate. ....
    You haven't looked at the temps here lately...cold. I think our high was in the mid-40's today. Suppose to warm for the weekend.

Oh, BTW...I can't make it.

R (shivering) J (with apologizes to BUN)
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Let me talk to TP about this.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Quote Originally posted by Rumpy Tunanator
    I chose it because its friendly to a certian related crop grown by Homer in the episode where he moves to the farm after being challenged to a duel . Rumpy partakes in the use of this crop daily, but has to go to special places to use it.
    That Tomacco will kill you, ya know.

Don't think next Friday works for me...I'll have to check with the missus. Oh, and if there is heavy smoking (of any substance) involved at this establishment, count me out.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 10
    Last post: 25 Oct 2009, 1:24 AM
  2. North Texas Mini-Laefest???
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 12 Aug 2008, 6:09 PM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last post: 16 May 2005, 10:30 PM
  4. Replies: 40
    Last post: 14 Jun 2004, 8:43 AM