Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Hydrogen: The next fuel for laptops?

Registered
    Jul 2003

Hydrogen: The next fuel for laptops?

I haven't even read this article (yet?). I just thought the title was funny given recent discussions about peak oil and alternative fuels and such.

Hydrogen: The next fuel for laptops?

MZ, as a member in semi-good standing of the testosterone based race, my first reaction to your title was "OUCH" from the thoughts of hydrogen anywhere near my lap. After reading the article, it sounds like a reasonable idea. Let's see how far it goes. Wasn't there some question about how eco-friendly hydrogen extraction actually is?

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by nighthawk1959
    MZ, as a member in semi-good standing of the testosterone based race, my first reaction to your title was "OUCH" from the thoughts of hydrogen anywhere near my lap.
    Roflol.

Quote Originally posted by nighthawk1959
    After reading the article, it sounds like a reasonable idea. Let's see how far it goes. Wasn't there some question about how eco-friendly hydrogen extraction actually is?
    I haven't read the article. Off the top of my head, I would say there probably isn't a fuel on planet earth that hasn't been argued over as to how eco-friendly it REALLY is.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 14
    Last post: 21 Jan 2009, 3:10 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last post: 16 Apr 2008, 11:48 AM
  3. Beware of laptops!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 22 Nov 2002, 3:47 PM