Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Online planning courses: Rutgers

Online planning courses: Rutgers

Rutgers is offering a series of online continuing education courses for planners in 5 week segments from April to September of this year. There are a total of nine courses offered in 3 tracts of 3 courses each. Cost is $250 per course with discounts to NY and NJ APA members. The classes are described as "graduate level", but graduate credits are not given. Instead, if you complete all 3 courses in an individual tract, a certificate is given. The tracts are: Planning Law and Legal Issues, Leadership and Management and Urban Design and Placemaking.

This information was posted on Panetizen.

There are very few courses offered online and so congratulations to Rutgers for offering this avenue! These sound interesting...

http://policy.rutgers.edu/bocep/bocep.html

Registered
    Apr 2003
    I think that is a great idea. Once I finish my Masters program, I might look into those too.
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. I'm finding more on line courses to study.
    Universe is not wide enough to be planned.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. GIS courses online
    Information Technology
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 21 Apr 2010, 10:04 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last post: 25 Mar 2009, 11:15 AM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last post: 31 Aug 2007, 10:42 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last post: 22 Dec 2006, 8:58 AM