Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Planning Commission Minutes

     
    Registered
    Mar 2005

Planning Commission Minutes

After reading and getting a chuckle of the spelling thread, thought I would bring up another gammer related topic.

My office is a one person office, me. Therefore, I have to transcribe the minutes of the Planning Commission. Has anyone ever noticed that people do not talk in sentences?

It gets to be a real problem when you have to present their thoughts from the spoken word to written text.

Mileage

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    Quote Originally posted by mileage2762004
    After reading and getting a chuckle of the spelling thread, thought I would bring up another gammer related topic.

My office is a one person office, me. Therefore, I have to transcribe the minutes of the Planning Commission. Has anyone ever noticed that people do not talk in sentences?

It gets to be a real problem when you have to present their thoughts from the spoken word to written text.

Mileage
    We do a general topic paragraphs instead of verbatim. That way, it weeds out typing repeated statements and those that are not related to anything.
    The most foolish thing one can do this fall is to vote for Clinton or Trump. Wake up, get out of the matrix, and send a message to the political establishment that you won't play their game.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Yeah....

That's why a Democrat may never again be elected to serve as President of the United States of America.
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Registered
    May 2002
    Is it necessary to have a transcript? Everywhere I have worked we just summarize the action(s) that were taken. The only type a transcript was every prepared was if someone appealed a decision to the court. Then the appellant had to pay for the transcript to be prepared.
    He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,
    Seems to think that money grows on trees . . .

     
    Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    We do a general topic paragraphs instead of verbatim. That way, it weeds out typing repeated statements and those that are not related to anything.
    Michaelskis

That's what the minutes usually wind up being except on exact quotes.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Vacancy on the Planning Commission
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 08 Dec 2006, 10:42 PM
  2. Advising a planning commission
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 26 Jul 2006, 11:04 AM
  3. Does anyone sit on a planning commission?
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 12
    Last post: 09 May 2006, 12:47 PM
  4. Planning commission advice
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 12 Oct 2004, 1:05 PM
  5. Planning Commission Advise
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 06 Oct 2004, 9:56 AM