Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Get Ready - Here Comes Spring !!!

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Get Ready - Here Comes Spring !!!

If you wander through all the Cyburbia threads and posts you see a lot of mentioning of weather.....and a general consensus of us North American folk that we are quite elated that springtime is coming.

Even though this Bear is an Upper Peninsula of Michigan fan.....the land of a much longer cold season.....I still enjoy the change of the season that brings spring. This year I have been somewaht "house-locked" and as I start to get out and about I am glad that warmer weather will greet me.

Looking forward to walking in Oak Openings Park. Looking forward to getting out in the garage and giving it a good cleaning. (What a mess it is.)

When I am out in the garage the rock and roll will be blasting. I can't wait.

What about you? Ready for spring?

(BTW.....forcast for NW Ohio on Sunday is snow.)

Vernal Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Hah! I win! Autumn/Fall/whatvever you call the season before winter is comming here, and I love it! I hate spring actually!

Have fun with the allergies, pollen and freaky weather! :p

For those with enough snow.. make a snowman with a sign saying "The end is near!"

Registered
    Jan 2005
    It was hovering around 0 and -1 celsius today in Waterloo, but definitely got above zero in the early-mid afternoon. Currently -2, but its after dark.

Yaaay.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    We've had spring here for the last month or so. Tempatures in the 60s and low 70s, with sun. T-shirts and shorts weather, but still chilly at night.

However, the snowpack in the mountains is at 25% of normal, which is where most of our water supply originates, so it looks like a long, dry summer.
    "There's nothing wrong with America that can't be fixed by what's right with America." - Bill Clinton.

The leaves are starting to come out on the willows. Hopefully the baby quail will be making an appearance soon... Yes it's spring

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Here in the State where gators eat people, the azaleas have been in bloom for about a month now. but it has been a rather cooler spring than normal.
    You darn tootin', I like fig newtons!

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by abrowne
    It was hovering around 0 and -1 celsius today in Waterloo, but definitely got above zero in the early-mid afternoon. Currently -2, but its after dark.

Yaaay.
    Gotta LOVE the coming of spring here in NE Wisconsin! It's complete with an expected 30 cm of snow and temps about -2C or so.

Mike

Registered
    Sep 1999
    It's a little cool here (lows in the '40's this weekend) but flowers have been blooming like crazy for the last month, the yard is full of birds, and of course, there's baseball spring training.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Spring has sprung and has been hanging around here for about a month. We were getting some really warm, sunny days mid to upper 70's- but were forcast for spring showers for the next few days which will help everything that we've planted- and allow me to not have to use my own water yet

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Doing one of my hillside city walks today (the weather was too unsettled for cycling), it was amazing how everything is blooming now. Flowers everywhere, its like walking through a perfume factory in some of the posher Berkeley and Oakland neighboprhoods. Gorgeous.

Unfortunately, once the wild stuff starts blooming, misery arrives. I hate asthma!

Registered
    Mar 2003
    I am sitting here listening to the birds as I write.
    Spring here is usually a long drawn out process it can look as if it could be but you never know when that one last cold snap can come through and take anything that you have put out, so I wait. The daffodils are in full glory and I saw yesterday that the forsythia are just starting to bloom. We have been preparing to re seed the back yard and need to get it done this week before spring rains keep us from it all together.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    As I am writing here, there is a small thunderstorm happening overhead. (Yes I know I am not supposed to be using the computer during a t-storm, but who cares)
    This seems to be a good sign of spring here, although we expect at least one more big snow before March/April is done.

Watch out Kansas Cyburbians, some cool lightning is heading your way!
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Jan 2005
    We just got another few inches of snow. Hurrah for the first day of spring...

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    Spring starts on April 15th... when I can pull the boat into her new slip on the Hudson
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North
    Even though this Bear is an Upper Peninsula of Michigan fan.....the land of a much longer cold season.....I still enjoy the change of the season that brings spring.
    I was in the UP about a week and a half ago, and they still have several feet on snow on the ground, people still drive their cars onto the ice, and winter storm warnings are still a regular occurrence.

SW Michigan has almost no snow, and signs of the tulip bulbs are showing. Same state, different world.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism." - George Washington

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN
    As I am writing here, there is a small thunderstorm happening overhead. (Yes I know I am not supposed to be using the computer during a t-storm, but who cares)
    This seems to be a good sign of spring here, although we expect at least one more big snow before March/April is done.

Watch out Kansas Cyburbians, some cool lightning is heading your way!

We had a wild thunderstorm cell Sunday morning about 2:00 a.m. About ten minutes worth of pretty serious hailstones. I have to say I've seen more lightning and thunder this year than since I moved out here 14 years ago.

Could it be......the END TIMES?

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Thank goodness its spring!! Spent all day Sunday planting new bushes, mulching, raking old stuff left over from last fall...it was so nice to get it all done...weather was great....look slike we're in for a few spring showers this evening and tommorrow...ok with me, put the fertilizer down sat morning...it needs a good rain

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by abrowne
    We just got another few inches of snow. Hurrah for the first day of spring...
    And now that snow is gone. Holy roller-coaster weather, Batman!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    ...It's raining, it's pouring.....

Registered
    Dec 2004
    Becoming nice here now. Daffs are out now and the sun shone at the weekend.

Although its p**sing it down at the moment.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. I'm ready for my close-up
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 26
    Last post: 15 Sep 2009, 7:35 PM
  2. Draft Set to READY
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 20 Mar 2007, 9:53 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last post: 09 Apr 2005, 10:02 AM