Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Conservation toolbox?

Registered
    Mar 2005

Conservation toolbox?

I'm looking for a very general document that covers a broad range of land conservation strategies. Perhaps a "how to" for communities, or a "menu of options." Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm searching the sources already provided on the thread.
    Ultimately it will used in a paper outlining conservation strategies for state trust lands. I'll be sure to pass that on.
    Thanks.

Moderator note:
    Thread split from "A Citizen Planner's Tool Box". Questions don't belong in the tool box. Only resources. Thank you.

MZ

Registered
    May 1997
    The Sonoran Institute has an excellent landowner-oriented publication, or actually I guess, two, targeted at slightly different audiences. Check SI's web site. I have also used the American Farmland Trust's fact sheets, which I believe are on-line at AFT's site. Beyond that, the Land Trust Alliance probably has some things you could use.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2004
    Speaking of the Sonoran Institute, don't they have a program now that deals directly with conservation and state trust lands down in arizona? Check out the website.

How about all books from Island Press : Land Planning Books
    Ah, but you said one. Land Conservation through Public/Private Partnerships is a healthy start.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 25 Feb 2009, 10:55 PM
  2. Conservation easements
    Environmental Planning
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 20 May 2007, 9:00 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 22 Jan 2007, 5:47 PM
  4. conservation zoning
    Land Use and Zoning