Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Tell us your survival story!

Registered
    Dec 2001

Tell us your survival story!

Hey everyone! I thought I'd be the first to talk about "my story!" and how it changed my life.

It all happened about 6 years ago, and really it was something I didn't expect at all. DW was at home with the kids and I was busy at work, looking for research to complete a couple projects when it happened. There just wasn't anyway around it. I felt a tightening in my chest and my breaths became quicker. I knew it at that moment that something serious was occuring! I took a step back, tried to regain my composure, but I couldn't. I was frantic on the inside but on the outside I acted as if nothing was wrong.

I knew I had to do something so I got online to do some quick searches of my symptoms and problem. I started to feel more at ease after I discovered the answers I was looking for. UNBELIVEABLY, all that was wrong slowly went away. The tightness, the anxiousness, the rapid breathing. I had found my answers and vowed to only return to that website if those horrible symptoms ever occured again.

Well, unfortunately, they, the symptoms, came back again. I felt it was important that I followed the same steps before to calm myself down! I ended up spending much more time on that website than I ever expected, now nearly 5 years later I can honestly say CYBURBIA! and the wonderful members saved my PROJECTS!

I've told my wife of the events and I have shown her the SUPPORT I get on this website. She has lovingly referred to it all as "your damn life and all the loons with it" I'm so glad she understands!

Thank you CYBURBIA! Tell us your story!

*^*^*^*^Written for the glurge factor on April 1, 2005^*^*^*^*
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    This isn't a story of survival, but it is heartwarming nonetheless.

An atheist was walking through the woods. "What majestic trees!" "What powerful rivers!" "What beautiful animals!" He said to himself. As he was walking along the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7 foot grizzly charge toward him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing in on him. He looked over his shoulder again. The bear was even closer. He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the bear was right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant the atheist cried out, "Oh my God!!!"
    Time stopped.
    The bear froze.
    The forest was silent.
    As a bright light shone upon the man, an enormous voice came out of the sky, "You deny my existence for all these years, teach others I don't exist and even credit creation to cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps you could make the BEAR a Christian?"
    "Very well, " said the voice.
    The Light went out .
    The sounds of the forest resumed.

And the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his head and spoke: "Lord bless this food, which I am about to receive from thy bounty through Christ our Lord, Amen."

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Dan
    This isn't a story of survival, but it is heartwarming nonetheless.

An atheist was walking through the woods...
    That's one of my favorite "clean" jokes. The version I heard was a preacher joke, but still funny none-the-less.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    My family likes that Bear story.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. 2013-14 Survival Football
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 03 Sep 2013, 12:35 PM