Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Broadband Warning - Toronto Neighbourhood - Part 2 - Chinatown

Registered
    Sep 2001

Broadband Warning - Toronto Neighbourhood - Part 2 - Chinatown

Here are some pictures from Chinatwon.

Note that Chinatown along Spadin used to be the heart of the immigrant Jewish community in Toronto. A few remnants remain, but mostly they have moved further up Bathurst and to the suburbs.

Here is Grossman's House of the Blues

and an art store that remember going to as a kid, same crusty old guy running it.

Note the dedicated streetcar line. If only they'd allow bikes to use this corridor as well.

Moose on the loose in TO

This is one of the few with its rack attached, most were stolen. Other themes I've seen include a lawyer moose, hockey moose, Indian moose.

Chinatown is the main entrance to the City's Kensington Market neighbourhood.

I will probably add more to this thread as I sort the pictures out.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2005
    nice little tour.

Registered
    Jan 2004
    When I visited Toronto I recall walking down one of the streets in the pix...I think it was Bathurst Street...there is a circle on it, with this old building in the middle..Spadina Circle. If I recall right this neighborhood isnt to far from the university....I recall walking back to the hotel on Dundas Street..it was like Chinatown was moving east on Dundas, I think....

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 13
    Last post: 06 Dec 2008, 8:28 AM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last post: 09 Jul 2007, 6:44 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last post: 17 Jan 2006, 9:15 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last post: 15 Jun 2005, 1:42 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last post: 15 Apr 2005, 10:18 PM