• other. Explain below

5 12.20%
+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sleep positions

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop
    Oh, yeah. I know that feeling all too well. My son wakes up in the middle of the night, gets between us, then ends up with his head on my wife and his feet in my back. His stuffed dog is under my shoulder or against me neck. It is okay. I can sleep when I am dead
    He sounds sweet. Our second child would put his head on me, his feet on daddy and PUSH! One night, after daddy had landed on the floor three times, he picked the boy up to put him back in his own bed and I was very concerned that the child might get hurled into his bed at full force. But daddy was restrained and did not do bodily harm to the child whilst returning him to bed. <whew>

Quote Originally posted by Michele Zone
    ...Our second child would put his head on me, his feet on daddy and PUSH!...
    In my case, my youngest comes to our bed if there is a thunderstorm. She doesn't push, but she has an uncanny knack for getting her knee right in the small of my back, so that I can't sleep one whit. The remarkable thing is that once she gets in bed with us, she falls back asleep and no storm could wake her up.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Joe Iliff
    I generally have to contort myself into some odd position so I can fit into whatever space my wife, my son, and our two beagles have left on the bed. (Not all the time, but the bed does get crowded when she invites everyone onto our bed.)

Anyone else have to squeeze themselves into whatever is left?
    Yep, my little guys sleep in my bed all the time...it used to be them coming in, in the middle of the night, now the little one pretty much only falls asleep unless he is in my bed and the older one waits until I come upstairs to go to sleep and then he crawls in too...and they both HAVE to sleep sideways..I usually have foot in my mouth by morning....those two little guys take up 3/4's of the bed and I get the about a foot of bed to sleep on...some nights I just get up and go into one of their beds...at least their empty

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I typically end up sleeping on my side in what my fiancee calls the "four" position. I have my bottom leg straight with my top leg bent at the hip & knee, which makes my body look like the number "4" when viewed from above.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Suburb Repairman
    I typically end up sleeping on my side in what my fiancee calls the "four" position. I have my bottom leg straight with my top leg bent at the hip & knee, which makes my body look like the number "4" when viewed from above.
    Actually, that is kind of how I sleep, only part-way between side and stomach, so it is like a modified 4.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Tossing and turning is the name of the game. On the back, on the stomach, on the side, up to pee, back on stomach, on the side, up to pee, back on stomach, now on side facing Katie, cat named Bubba plops down by my face so I turn the other way, then on stomach, up to pee, face Katie again (forgot about Bubba) and realize error of my ways and turn around, then on back, up to pee, lay on couch, turn on TV, watch old movie.

Bear Sleep-Deprived
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Oct 2003
    I do all the above plus my own creations.

At times, I do a squished 'h' position with one of my leg doing the hunched part of the h. Other times when the moon is bright and is creeping between the edge of the curtain and the window, I lie on my stomach and have my head beneath the pillow. Sometimes, I do a sleeping position in which I sleep on the side that's like a 4 but without the line going between the top vertex and the four corner intersection in the 4. Once in a while, I sleep on the side, but split my legs into a Y figure.

Who knows why? At least I get a good sleep; it's all that matters, right?

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker
    In my case, my youngest comes to our bed if there is a thunderstorm. She doesn't push, but she has an uncanny knack for getting her knee right in the small of my back, so that I can't sleep one whit. The remarkable thing is that once she gets in bed with us, she falls back asleep and no storm could wake her up.
    Your story reminds me of when I went to my parents with the two boys in Columbus, so I could be with my husband -- he was in school at Benning. I spent more than 3 months sleeping on the crack two different height mattresses met (on the floor), between my two kids, getting kicked by the younger one (he never was sleep-friendly). Between that and the antihistamines I took constantly (spring in Georgia is NOT my friend), I took a nap every afternoon. Naturally, this served to further convince my family that I am an incredibly lazy person who never accomplishes anything and can't run my own life.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Ugh. lately, with the gigantic belly, I flip hourly from one side to the other, buttressed by two giant body pillows. I long to return to stomach sleeping. or even back sleeping.

usually, i tend to be a roller, start on my stomach, wind up on my back or side, then back to my stomach.

I would say that it is probably 50/50 on my right side and my back. I have a hard time sleeping on my left side. If I have a back ache, I use a heat pad on it for about 15-20 minutes before I go to bed (on my side).
    When I sleep on my right side, I tend to have my left leg curled up, and my right leg straight out at a diagonal.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I prefer to sleep on my stomach, but I'm finding that uncomfortable now. But, with three dogs that like to cuddle I end up with one on either side of me and one that I curl my legs around.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

I do this stupid thing where I do NOT move during the night.... 6 hours on one hip bone hurts like h.e.l.l.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. How much sleep to you get at night?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 34
    Last post: 02 Dec 2013, 9:04 AM
  2. Talking in their sleep
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 02 Jul 2013, 8:58 AM
  3. Replies: 30