Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: ribbit-BOOM!

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I wonder if the researchers have tested for Pop Rocks?
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    Kieth Olberman carried this story this week.

Funny in a twisted kind of way, but it does make you wonder what kind of strange reaction is taking place.
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by SGB
    I wonder if the researchers have tested for Pop Rocks?
    I was going to suggest the same thing...a hazardous diet of soda and pop rocks. How sad...
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Duke Of Dystopia
    Kieth Olberman carried this story this week.

Funny in a twisted kind of way, but it does make you wonder what kind of strange reaction is taking place.
    Didn't they already do some cheesy b-grade movie about this? You know, the new Bond guy played a bomb squad guy going through a divorce and someone invents something you drink and it interacts with stomach acid and makes you go boom.

Off-topic:
    I wonder if this will lead to any insights into spontaneous human combustion?

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Hmmm....

I didn't read the article because I'm at work....but the Myth Busters all but busted the myth of pop rocks and exploding stomach's.....last year......anyone else see that episode.......they used a pigs stomach....
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    John Kenneth Galbraith

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Ribbit Screenplay

Oh, this would make a great screenplay. Perhaps.....

OPENING SCENE ("Spirit In The Sky" playing in background)
    Pan to earth. Pan to Europe. Pan to Hamburg, Germany. Pan to pond. Pan to frog. Frog burps and explodes. Pan back a bit and you see flashes of other frogs exploding, as you hear their burps.

SCENE 2
    Scientists in Atlanta's Center for Disease Control are listening to a wild-eyed foreigner, trying to explain "exploding frogs". Pan to scientists, trying to hold back their laughter. Pan to the radio in the corner, tuned to Rush Limbaugh. Rush is saying something like, "Wait....wait just a second, my friends. Oh, this has gotta be a liberal hoax....frogs.....yes, that's right. frogs, are supposedly exploding in Germany." Pan to scientists, looking at radio.....the smiles on their faces diasappearing.

On so forth. A great idea for a screenplay.

Hopbear Green
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North
    Oh, this would make a great screenplay. Perhaps.....

OPENING SCENE ("Spirit In The Sky" playing in background)
    Pan to earth. Pan to Europe. Pan to Hamburg, Germany. Pan to pond. Pan to frog. Frog burps and explodes. Pan back a bit and you see flashes of other frogs exploding, as you hear their burps.

SCENE 2
    Scientists in Atlanta's Center for Disease Control are listening to a wild-eyed foreigner, trying to explain "exploding frogs". Pan to scientists, trying to hold back their laughter. Pan to the radio in the corner, tuned to Rush Limbaugh. Rush is saying something like, "Wait....wait just a second, my friends. Oh, this has gotta be a liberal hoax....frogs.....yes, that's right. frogs, are supposedly exploding in Germany." Pan to scientists, looking at radio.....the smiles on their faces diasappearing.

On so forth. A great idea for a screenplay.

Hopbear Green
    That opening scene is one of the ten funniest things I have read in my life!!!!!!!!!!
    Bear, you need to be doing the screenplay for 'Police Academy VIII' or something!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jul 2002

frogs/toads

It's all a CIA plot I tell you! They're trying to create a secret weapon by crossing the exploding toads with poison art frogs.
    WALSTIB

Registered
    Jul 2002
    WALSTIB

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Toronto's Mega Boom
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 29
    Last post: 13 Mar 2013, 3:01 PM
  2. Crash, Boom, Bam! How Noisy Are You?
    Friday Afternoon Club