Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: UT-Austin...who's going to be there?

Registered
    Oct 2003

UT-Austin...who's going to be there?

Well, some of you might remember me really wanting to go to Portland State. They didnt offer me any aid (neither did UT) and UT is ALOT cheaper. Plus I know some people already in the program (students, TAs, and profs) and feel pretty comfortable. I am also interested in continuing some research on the Austin area that I did during undergrad.

Anyway, I hope I'm not the only one starting there this fall! Ill be concentrating in Transportation, but Ive been thinking about changing that.

-Adam

Registered
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally posted by FueledByRamen
    Well, some of you might remember me really wanting to go to Portland State. They didnt offer me any aid (neither did UT) and UT is ALOT cheaper. Plus I know some people already in the program (students, TAs, and profs) and feel pretty comfortable. I am also interested in continuing some research on the Austin area that I did during undergrad.

Anyway, I hope I'm not the only one starting there this fall! Ill be concentrating in Transportation, but Ive been thinking about changing that.

-Adam
    I won't be there this Fall but I do plan on going. I'm still undecided on whether or not I want to do the MS in Planning or the MS in Architectural Studies with a focus on Urban Design.

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally posted by jread
    I won't be there this Fall but I do plan on going. I'm still undecided on whether or not I want to do the MS in Planning or the MS in Architectural Studies with a focus on Urban Design.

Cool. Ive had a class this semester with Dean Almy (the dean for urban design). Briliiant guy, horribly unorganized, incredibly goofy

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Hello! New planner in Austin!
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 07 Jul 2009, 9:47 PM
  2. Howdy from Austin
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 30 May 2009, 3:15 PM
  3. UT Austin MCRP
    Student Commons