Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Gallery categories - deletion starts soon

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Gallery categories - deletion starts soon

Once again, the Gallery is being subject to the "I don't know where it goes, so I'll put it in Best Practices" syndrome.

Photos of old gas stations are not necessarily "best practices."

Much as you love your kids, you shouldn't compare them to a Wal-Mart with four sided design.

Please, please, please stop putting non-best practices images into the Best Practices subgallery. Use a more appropriate subgallery, the temporary image subgallery, or a free image hosting service for a truly temporary image. We're going to start clearing out misplaced images soon, after we update PhotoPost. Thanks.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I've used the gallery only once or twice to put up pics of mine and haven't visited it too often. I am wondering if a REALLY prominent link to one of the freebie sites (like Photobucket) would help? I don't think you have a "HEY STUPID", extremely obvious and convenient link there for the time-challenged, who are often doing stuff on auto-pilot.

Quote Originally posted by Dan
    Once again, the Gallery is being subject to the "I don't know where it goes, so I'll put it in Best Practices" syndrome.

Photos of old gas stations are not necessarily "best practices."

Much as you love your kids, you shouldn't compare them to a Wal-Mart with four sided design.

Please, please, please stop putting non-best practices images into the Best Practices subgallery. Use a more appropriate subgallery, the temporary image subgallery, or a free image hosting service for a truly temporary image. We're going to start clearing out misplaced images soon, after we update PhotoPost. Thanks.
    I had several pictures of gas stations that I plan on using for a "before and after" web page (if I ever get around to it). I moved them over to the Member Galleries. Didn't know where else to put them. Sorry.

+ Reply to thread