Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Lost

Registered
    Nov 2002

Lost

Well, itís official. Iíve gone and lost it after a mere 11 months of marriage. Iíve heard that this happens in a lot of marriages but I didnít expect it to happen so soon with me.

...Iíve lost my wedding ring. Over the past three days Iíve turned our apartment upside down looking for it but have yet to turn up a thing. Itís not a huge deal. My wife is really not upset with me. I just feel like an absent-minded putz. I mean, somehow Iíve managed to lose it between removing it from my finger and placing it in a jewelry box.

I know that I canít be the only person out there that has done this. Surly there are many others who have misplaced objects of emotional and/or monetary ďvalueĒ and have no clue where they have gone. So Cyburbians, what are some things dear and near to you that have been lost?

just wondering how many post before someone says ďvirginityĒ

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    When my grandmother passed away she left me her wedding rings. Well the set was traditional and I knew it wasn't somthing I would wear. So for college graduation my mom had the diamonds put into a new setting. I wore it forever, NEVER took it off...I was playing with my son at the park, he was still very little and I had to pick him up and put him into the swing. Well, long story short, the large center diamond fell out of the setting, prongs and all. Now the ring itself didn't hold a lot of sentimental value (other than it was a college graduation present) but the diamonds did, they were my grandmothers and could not be replaced. I searched for days and days all over, but a diamond isn't the easiest thing to find on the ground. I never found it. I had a new diamond put into the ring but can barely bring myself to wear it anymore.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    In order to commemorate my deceased grandmother, I wanted to wear one of her brooches to my rehearsal dinner and then on my wedding day (for my "something old"). I could not find it to save my life! I was upset but I had to let it go. This past Sat., I found it in a bag with some other jewelry that I hadn't seen in months. I then remembered that I put these items in a bag that I took with me when we evacuated for Hurricane Ivan. I can kick myself a dozen times for being that careless. I will wear this Mother's Day in honor of her.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Sep 1999
    My dad gave me a beautiful emerald and diamond bracelet a couple years before he passed away. I lost it on my lunch hour one day, when I was running around doing multiple errands and had no idea where I lost it.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    The question must be asked, why did you take it off in the first place?

Quote Originally posted by JNL
    The question must be asked, why did you take it off in the first place?
    My thoughts as well, since mine is ALWAYS around my finger.
    Je suis Charlie

Registered
    Feb 2002
    We've been married 2.5 years, and my husband never wears his ring. I'm not happy about it, but at this rate, there are more important issues to argue about.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner
    We've been married 2.5 years, and my husband never wears his ring. I'm not happy about it, but at this rate, there are more important issues to argue about.
    I have been married six years and besides the first few weeks of my marriage, I have never worn my ring. The bling just ain't my thing. I think lots of guys feel this way.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    7 months and I still have mine.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    We've been married for 19 years, and neither wears our rings. I haven't seen them since we moved here 8 years ago. Lost with those rings - my college class ring, and a reset diamond that belonged to my grandmother.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Ouch...that's tough luck there biscuit. But don't give up - my brother lost his wedding band and it turned up again a few years later.

I put mine on when I leave the house, usually take it off as soon as I get home.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner
    Mine wore his until he started cheating on me I owuld notice him wear it when he left the house and it would be in his pocket when he got home...oohohohhohohoh it used to pi$$ me off...its one thing if they never wear it, its another when they start taking it off randomly....I never took mine off, not to shower, sleep, nothing...it was always on my finger...

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    I too lost my wedding ring. We were staying with friends. The night before we left, I put it in the breast pocket of my sports coat. While carrying stuff to the car, I draped the coat over my arm. I was back at my folks' house when I realized it had gone missing. My friends searched for it but to no avail. Needless to say, my wife is p*ssed and is sure there is a hidden meaning to this. A few days later she lost the earrings I gave her for Christmas. She says that is different.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    My younger brother lost his wedding ring on his honeymoon in Jamaica....it's in the ocean somewhere.

I actually kept wearing my ring after my seperation, up until a couple weeks before my divorce was finalized....not sure why I did....but I guess I didn't feel right taking it off until I was ready to accept that I was no longer married.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner
    My younger brother lost his wedding ring on his honeymoon in Jamaica....it's in the ocean somewhere.

I actually kept wearing my ring after my seperation, up until a couple weeks before my divorce was finalized....not sure why I did....but I guess I didn't feel right taking it off until I was ready to accept that I was no longer married.
    I did the same thing...but as soon as it was finalized I ran straight to a jeweler to get rid of the thing....I couldn't even have the stones reset, I didn't want to look at it ever again...it was the smartest thing I could have done...all the ring did was bring back bad memories

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra
    I did the same thing...but as soon as it was finalized I ran straight to a jeweler to get rid of the thing....I couldn't even have the stones reset, I didn't want to look at it ever again...it was the smartest thing I could have done...all the ring did was bring back bad memories
    I had my diamond re-set in a necklace. It hangs as a constant reminder of "DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!"

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Stupid me I took wallet and car keys,
    out on a motorboat that I skillfully broached but did not flip, now that was fun until
    wallet and car keys went diving. - yes
    I had them out on the console/dash, not properly secured.
    Ever try getting a car key made on a weekend $$.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Bicuit, i too lost my ring. I was at a movie theater with some buddies and i was laughing histerical and through my hands up and my ring flew off and fortunatly it hit some chick in the head. So from the expletives and the clang i knew where to look and i found it and apologized to her and convinced her significant other that it wasn't intentional.

Wouldn't be funny if someone called the Biscuit household and said "Hey Big Guy this is Tiffany from the The (insert name of local adult establishment), we found your ring you were looking for"

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by PlannerByDay
    7 months and I still have mine.
    OH and I should add after reading others posts. I wear mine most of the time. The only time I take it off is when I'm painting or working outside in the yard.

Registered
    Nov 2003
    I lost my wedding ring for an hour while honeymooning in Jamaica. I was reading a book on the beach and had put my hand down for some reason. Poseidon took my ring as a token of appreciation for good weather and surf and bringing my wife back safely from scuba diving. There were about 20 people on the beach helping me find my ring. My wife comes back from scuba diving and I knew I was in deep sh*t because it wasn't insured at the time.
    I am recognizing that the voice inside my head
    is urging me to be myself but never follow someone else
    Because opinions are like voices we all have a different kind". --Q-Tip

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Floridays
    I had my diamond re-set in a necklace. It hangs as a constant reminder of "DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!"
    I know, I thought about doing that too but it was so painful for me at the time, I just got sick everytime I looked at it, I thought the same thing would happen if I ever wore it again...now someone else has the big, unlucky rock
    Looking back now I guess I could have reset it and wore it but I still get a little queasy thinking about it...guess I made the right decision

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Big Owl
    Bicuit
    Wouldn't be funny if someone called the Biscuit household and said "Hey Big Guy this is Tiffany from the The (insert name of local adult establishment), we found your ring you were looking for"
    My wife wouldn't fall for it. She knows that Tiffany would just give her the ring at work the following evening.

I kid, I kid...

Like Tranplanner I only took it off before bed and when working out. And I didn't go to the gym on friday so who knows where it ended up.

Registered
    Mar 2003
    I don't remember if I have told this story here before.
    I lost the diamond out of my wedding ring, found the empty hole on Christmas morning. What a sucky day...You would have thought I had done it on purpose the way my husband acted.

Turned the house upside down knowing full well I had lost it in bed.
    Our washer emptied into a sump pump pit so I put a panty hose around the outlet and forgot about it.
    On Easter a few months later I decided that I should pull that out of there. I put it on top of the washer and cut the thing open with a knife and there in the middle was a sparkling diamond.
    I reset it and have worn it off and on the last 25 years.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    The Date: Sometime in summer, 1970.

The Place: A clean and clear swimming beach on a lake NEAR Lake Michigan, in the general vicinity of Traverse City, MI.

The Wife: First (Cynthia)

The Events: Bear lost his wedding ring while swimming. The marriage ended a few years later. Both "events" can be attributed to going where you shouldn't go.

Retrospect: It's all good.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Lost job description
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 03 Feb 2012, 8:46 AM
  2. Lost Mementos
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 9