Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: peers at Umich

Registered
    Mar 2005

peers at Umich

has anybody got into the UMICH MUD program..for fall 2005 ...I have got in and would like to now what you guys are doing for housing etc.

Registered
    Dec 2004

From a Current Ann Arborite

Quote Originally posted by simone
    has anybody got into the UMICH MUD program..for fall 2005 ...I have got in and would like to now what you guys are doing for housing etc.
    Simone,

I'm heading to Georgia Tech for my planning master's, but I've been living in Ann Arbor for eight years. Unfortunately, it is more expensive than most comparable small cities.

There are some reasonably-priced condo-style complexes near North Campus, where the planning program is housed. I used to live in a complex closer to the medical center called Island Drive Apartments. If it is still under the same management, I would highly recommend it. I currently live in the Old West Side Neighborhood, just west of downtown. It's almost unanimously considered one of the best neighborhoods in town--a great mix of grad students and young families, and more hippie than yuppie. Downside--it's fairly expensive and a ways from North Campus.

If you want price estimates, let me know what type of housing setup you're thinking of and I'll give you an approximate range.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Hi,

I have been accepted for the MUD program as well for 2005. It seems that housing prices in the Ann Arbor area are very high, especially compared to prices in the Netherlands (where I live now), which is actually pretty strange . NL is pretty dense in population, and I did't get that impression form Michigan when I was there.

So currently i am just looking for off-campus housing of around $500/month. I guess thats possible, there are enough offers in that price range. It just depends on what you want: a 3-bedroom fully furnished apartment, or settle with a room.

Very interesting to meet other MUD students here... hope to see you in september!

Registered
    Mar 2005

peers at umich urban planning

Anyone else coming to Umich urban planning this fall?..Does the department offer aid once the students get there?..I havent recieved any aid from here...

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 35
    Last post: 16 Apr 2008, 12:35 PM
  2. Umich VS UCI
    Student Commons
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 30 Mar 2008, 1:26 PM
  3. UNC vs. UMich
    Student Commons
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 04 Apr 2005, 11:54 AM