Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toronto Mini-Laefest Announcement (May 13, 2005)

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997

Toronto Mini-Laefest Announcement (May 13, 2005)

Oh geez - Jordanb will be here in a week and we haven't set anything up yet...

We'll be looking to hold something on either the 12th or 13th, and possibly during his return swing through T.O. on the 21st of May.

Shout out if you're interested in joining donk, jordanb, and myself for a few brews one night. Oh, and I'll probably be giving the cook's tour of Toronto all-day on Friday (13th), so if you're interested let me know.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I'm pretty sure I could come up on the 13 or 21. I'll just be getting back from school on the 12th so that's out.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    I'm going to try and get off work for next Friday (13th) so I can come up on Thursday night and hang out on Friday. I'll probably stay with my cousin in Burlington and take the GO Train in. Any ideas on where to go out on Thursday night?? It's sounds like the Mod Club is pretty cool from what I hear on Edge 102 but I really don't know much about Toronto bars and what are good ones to hang out at. Burlington/Hamilton/St. Catherines that's another story!
    'Planning Rockstar in training';-)

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Will there be spooning?
    You darn tootin', I like fig newtons!

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by sisterceleste
    Will there be spooning?
    Only if we go to the bier market again and can coax some of the local talent home.

what happended to the pictures of the other shower girls we met that night?
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    May 2003
    So I've been thinking. It might be a better idea to have the laefest on the 13th rather than the 12th. I don't get into TO until 9:30 on the 12th, which is swell by me because I like it late, but if some of you have to come in from the 'burbs or States, that might be too late for the long haul home.

Also Donk has mentioned a conflict that night.

So on the 13th, my train doesn't leave until 10:30, so if we do it near the station I could be in attendence until 10:00, which seems to be when things of this sort naturally break up anyway.

Any thoughts?

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Friday works better for me. Have a bike fitting thursday night until 8:00PM about an hour from downtown. Can think of a few good pubs downtown, only problem maybe getting reservations.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I think Friday might be a better day too. There are a fair number of places not too far (5-10 minute walk) from Union Station. Hope you don't have too much luggage to haul around JB!

I'm thinking maybe C'est What? Could even hit the biermarkt, though it's a bit $$$ if you're on a budget.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Friday works good for me too. Thursday I'll just be getting back from school. Is their going to be a tour during the day too? Or just a laefest at night?

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Quote Originally posted by jsk1983
    Friday works good for me too. Thursday I'll just be getting back from school. Is their going to be a tour during the day too? Or just a laefest at night?
    I am hoping to take Friday off to show JB (and others) a bit of the City.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    From what I've heard, I'd say C'est What is a good choice as is a pub in an old bank (duke of wellington?).

Registered
    May 2003
    Reservations? That sounds kinda fancy!

There aren't any holes in the wall/sidewalk we could use?

Remember cockroaches can't hurt you if you don't see 'em.

tranplanner: That'd be so cool.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by jordanb
    Reservations? That sounds kinda fancy!

There aren't any holes in the wall/sidewalk we could use?

Remember cockroaches can't hurt you if you don't see 'em.

tranplanner: That'd be so cool.

We could take you to the paddock for 25 cents drafts if you want to fight a rummy for the bar rag drippings. .

Reservations are always recomended downtwon on a friday night.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997

Update

Okay then,

So far it looks like we have 5 people tentatively set for this Friday:

Jordanb
    Donk
    jsk1983
    thestip
    tranplanner

I'm going to show jordanb around during the day. If anyone else is interested in the tour, PM me and we'll arrange a time/place to meet up, likely early Friday a.m. A bicycle tour may be an option if we can get bikes for everyone.

Probably meet up somewhere in the St. Lawrence area for the laefest.

Registered
    Apr 2005
    What's this "Laefest" all about. After seeing those hotties in the pic, I am wondering if you guys meant something else...

I miss the BierMarkt. When I finally get the planning job then I'll be heading there to celebrate, with hopefully a lady on each arm. LOL.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Quote Originally posted by andreplanner
    What's this "Laefest" all about. After seeing those hotties in the pic, I am wondering if you guys meant something else...

I miss the BierMarkt. When I finally get the planning job then I'll be heading there to celebrate, with hopefully a lady on each arm. LOL.
    It's an inside joke...someone waaaay back mis-spelled "alefest" as "laefest" and the name has stuck. You're welcome to attend seeing as you're in T.O.

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally posted by andreplanner
    After seeing those hotties in the pic, I am wondering if you guys meant something else...
    I thought they were skanks. Just goes to show how tastes vary.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Feb 2005
    I was going to ask what a "lae-fest" was, too, as a newbie. If it was in July, I'd join you.

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally posted by geobandito
    I was going to ask what a "lae-fest" was, too, as a newbie. If it was in July, I'd join you.
    Here is the Cyburbia Culture thread where all will be revealed.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie
    I thought they were skanks. Just goes to show how tastes vary.

You say that like it is a bad thing They were there with a bachelorette party, hence the interesting shaped straws.

I was not responsible fo rthis pic, I think dan took it. Better than the one of me that looked like I was signing a girl's chest.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner
    Okay then,

Jordanb
    Donk
    jsk1983
    thestip
    tranplanner

I'm going to show jordanb around during the day. If anyone else is interested in the tour, PM me and we'll arrange a time/place to meet up, likely early Friday a.m. A bicycle tour may be an option if we can get bikes for everyone.

Probably meet up somewhere in the St. Lawrence area for the laefest.
    Friday actually works better for me too. I just found out I have a project meeting Friday morning that I can't get out of so this will work out better for me. St. Lawrence area works out for me, I was to a couple of bars on Front St. last year that were pretty good and there were quite a few in that area.

Registered
    Apr 2005
    Well I will have to pass for this time. If there's another booze night sometime in the summer, count me in!

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997

Tour and Laefest Confirmation

Toronto Tour starts: 9:00a.m. ish at the Bus Terminal, once jsk1983 arrives.

Laefest meet-up: 6:00p.m. ish, C'est What? Pub and eatery, southeast corner of Church and Front.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner
    Okay then,

Jordanb
    Donk
    jsk1983
    thestip
    tranplanner

Just home from the TO laefest, intersting people, interesting conversation. TP mistook a bar wench for a co worker, good beer, good food.

Others will provide photos.

Time to make the apartment GF friendly.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    The laefest was a great time. It was good to finally meet a few cyburbanites. Thanks to Tranplanner and the Mrs. for the tour on Friday afternoon.
    I was going to post pics from the laefest, but my insistence on not using the flash seems to have gotten the better of me again, they're too dark. Sorry!

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. North Texas Mini-Laefest???
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 12 Aug 2008, 6:09 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last post: 04 Mar 2005, 7:49 AM
  3. Toronto Laefest Pictures
    Friday Afternoon Club