Hi all... I am currently working on my senior capstone and I am seeking to determine if the economic conditions of a certain county in the Upper Ohio Valley are improving or declining.
I have a pretty good base, but I would like to run something by you folks. I use the term "economic conditions", but I am wondering if there is a better term. I toyed with the notion of "business climate", but I am not just measuring the business climate.
I am using these indicators to measure economic conditions:
• The number of new businesses since 1970
• The number of expanding businesses since 1970
• The number of employed in county (changes since 1970)
• The median income of county residents (changes since 1970)
• The number of businesses closed or relocated outside of county since 1970
• The amount of collected revenue by county (changes since 1970)
• The vacancy rates of retail and industrial sites
• The education levels of county residents
• The population changes in county since 1970
Can you think of any others that I am missing and should add? Generally, I could include much more like tourism #'s, numbers of schools, etc., but I'd be getting away from my research purpose.
The idea I am getting is that things are slowly improving in the Upper Ohio Valley; population declines have levelled off and slightly more businesses are moving into the area. I could go on and on, but I'd rather save it for my paper .
Just wondering if I am on the right track! Any insight would be appreciated!Thanks.....