Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: resource use/policy oriented programs

resource use/policy oriented programs

hey, i recently graduated with a BA in political science and i'm pretty seriously considering going into a master's program for planning. specifically i'm interested in sustainable resource use, with a policy as opposed to a more design-oriented career track. i was wondering if anyone had any input on good programs for policy oriented environmental planning programs... an additional question: i'm working full time and managing to support myself with a job i like at the moment, so i'm looking at either night classes or internet options. As i am in tempe, az, i am looking at ASU's program, but i understand that the curriculum has a design emphasis, which may not be exactly what i want. i've looked at iowa state's online master's program, and i'm considering that pretty seriously. so first, would you recommend good programs to investigate for someone who is interested in environmental resource policy, and second, do you think it's best to take out loans and just go further into debt working at a full-time day program for 2 years or take longer and work on part-time night and internet classes while i work full time? thanks you guys.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2005
    well, i'm gonna make a pitch for where i'm headed in the fall: UNC-Chapel Hill. it's a policy oriented program and, from what i understand, it's excellent for environmental/sustainability issues. of course, since i haven't started the program yet, i can't confirm that. i would check it out, though.

Quote Originally posted by orangettecoleman
    hey, i recently graduated with a BA in political science and i'm pretty seriously considering going into a master's program for planning. specifically i'm interested in sustainable resource use, with a policy as opposed to a more design-oriented career track. i was wondering if anyone had any input on good programs for policy oriented environmental planning programs... an additional question: i'm working full time and managing to support myself with a job i like at the moment, so i'm looking at either night classes or internet options. As i am in tempe, az, i am looking at ASU's program, but i understand that the curriculum has a design emphasis, which may not be exactly what i want. i've looked at iowa state's online master's program, and i'm considering that pretty seriously. so first, would you recommend good programs to investigate for someone who is interested in environmental resource policy, and second, do you think it's best to take out loans and just go further into debt working at a full-time day program for 2 years or take longer and work on part-time night and internet classes while i work full time? thanks you guys.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 07 Feb 2013, 8:55 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last post: 28 Oct 2012, 2:42 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last post: 29 Sep 2009, 8:12 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last post: 13 Oct 2005, 12:32 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last post: 20 Apr 2004, 11:25 AM