Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Urban Loft Tours to support local symphony orchestra

Registered
    Jul 2002

Urban Loft Tours to support local symphony orchestra

"My Fair City" like many across the country have seen an increase in loft development on the second, third and in some cases even higher up floors of downtown buildings.

This weekend as a fund raiser for the local symphony orchestra 10-12 lofts are being open to the public for viewing.

Mrs. PBD and I just purchased two 2 tickets to not only support the orchestra but also to satisfy our voyeristic side and take a look at some loft apartments.

I was wondering if any of your communities have done something similar to fund raise for local causes? I'm sure it also helps get people downtown and think about buying a loft, you know a kinda open house/marketing thing.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by PlannerByDay
    "My Fair City" like many across the country have seen an increase in loft development on the second, third and in some cases even higher up floors of downtown buildings.

This weekend as a fund raiser for the local symphony orchestra 10-12 lofts are being open to the public for viewing.

Mrs. PBD and I just purchased two 2 tickets to not only support the orchestra but also to satisfy our voyeristic side and take a look at some loft apartments.

I was wondering if any of your communities have done something similar to fund raise for local causes? I'm sure it also helps get people downtown and think about buying a loft, you know a kinda open house/marketing thing.
    I think it's a cool idea. I wish there were more "house tours" for homes that are unique or even not so unique (like in Victorian, or Bungalow districts). Sort of like a museum only in real time. ;p

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Live/work loft
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 15 Jul 2008, 1:21 PM
  2. Urban planning world tours
    Student Commons
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 19 May 2005, 5:53 PM
  3. Loft-style Single Family Homes?
    Design, Space, and Place