Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Colorado APA Conference September 21-24

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries

Colorado APA Conference September 21-24

Hey, just thought I'd see if there was any interest among our Colorado-based Cyburbians about the conference in Fort Collins next month. As I work directly south of F.C., and live directly east I will be attending some of the sessions and moblie workshops.

If things go as I planned I will be attending a seminar in the final segment of Fridays festivites. Maybe afterwards a Mini-Laefest/Dinner in Old Town?

Give me some thoughts. I think Oktoberfest is going on at that time as well.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    May 2003

Sounds Like A Wiener To Me!

ZM: I vote for Coopersmith's where the pints are plentiful!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Coopersmith's is always good. The Crown Pub is another favorite of mine.

I'll definitely try to get to where ever we decide...as well as some of the events of the week.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Miles Ignatius
    ZM: I vote for Coopersmith's where the pints are plentiful!
    How about Chow? At 5pm that Friday I will be hungry AND thirsty..

ADDITION: I Love the Crown Pub. That place is really Cool. I may vote for that.

I guess the conference kicks off with a beer garden

But I may just be attending a couple sessions on Thursday and Friday.

Think it over fellas! I wonder if Cardinal will be around too!
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    May 2003

Sounds Like A Plan!

Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN
    How about Chow? At 5pm that Friday I will be hungry AND thirsty..
    I haven't made the Crown but sounds like a stellar venue, too. Is that where Linden's used to be?

Coopersmith's - I haven't been there for a few years but I do recall the food was solid fare, too.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    No No No!!! The Crown is on College, a block south of Old Town Square.
    Connor Oneil's is where Linden's used to be and honestly isn't that good. We've been a few times because we keep hoping that it's better, but the food is blah, the Guinness pour is average and their two "house" brews aren't worth another try.

The Crown's food is probably a little more upscale and a little better than Coopersmith's with the typical local beers on tap or in bottle plus a small list of imports.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Okay, let's wait to hear from Card, and any lurkers are welcome too.

I'll volunteer (tentatively) to lead this venture and we can get more details as the day approaches.

Seems the handful of Colorado Cyburbians are in support of a Friday night dinner/laefest.

-Peart

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Sorry, but I will not be there. My parents are celebrating their 50th anniversary and then the IEDC conference begins in Chicago on the 25th. It is about time for a Colorado Laefest, though.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries

Revisitation.

Anyone still open for some dinner maybe next Friday in Fort Collins? Any Colorado Planners for sure attending this?

I'm up for some dinner and a couple cold ones, if anyone else is.

I'll be attending the Small Town Character session that ends at 4:15 and then I will be free.

-Peart

Registered
    May 2003

For Sure!

Anyone still open for some dinner maybe next Friday in Fort Collins? Any Colorado Planners for sure attending this?

I'm up for some dinner and a couple cold ones, if anyone else is.

I'll be attending the Small Town Character session that ends at 4:15 and then I will be free.
    ZM: count me in; let me know what establishment will sacrifice their reputation and allow this type of endeavor.....

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    ZM: count me in; let me know what establishment will sacrifice their reputation and allow this type of endeavor.....
    I'll wait and see if Prana is coming too. and then we'll decide.

-Peart

Registered
    Aug 2001
    As far as I know- I'm in. And where doesn't really matter to me. Coopersmith's, The Crown Pub, Washington's, Old Chicago...whatever!
    "You can measure the health of a city by the vitality and energy of its streets and public open spaces.-- William H. Whyte..

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    If anyone is reading this and still cares, maybe we could meet at Coopermith's at 5pm on Friday for dinner and beers?

Miles Iggy, Prana? Any Lurkers?

Post here or PM me. I'm heading to the Conference to check in tonight, but will check back here over the next day or two.

-Peart

Registered
    May 2003

Care = Beer

If anyone is reading this and still cares, maybe we could meet at Coopermith's at 5pm on Friday for dinner and beers?

Miles Iggy, Prana? Any Lurkers?

Post here or PM me. I'm heading to the Conference to check in tonight, but will check back here over the next day or two.
    ZM - I'll be there @ 5 to avail myself of Coopersmith's fine offerings and the good company of my fellow Cyburbians!

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    ZM - I'll be there @ 5 to avail myself of Coopersmith's fine offerings and the good company of my fellow Cyburbians!
    Sounds good. When do you get into town?

-Peart

Registered
    May 2003

Depends....

Sounds good. When do you get into town?
    I've got an appointment with a client in Thornton in the PM; should get to Old Town around 4:30, depending on the I-25 variables....you'll be able to spot me....I'll have that "clenched fist, haggard commuter look."

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I've got an appointment with a client in Thornton in the PM; should get to Old Town around 4:30, depending on the I-25 variables....you'll be able to spot me....I'll have that "clenched fist, haggard commuter look."
    Same with me, but most likely wearing a Montreal Canadiens jersey...

-Peart

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Chicago in September
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 18
    Last post: 18 May 2011, 5:12 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 10 Apr 2010, 2:19 PM
  3. Portland, OR in September???
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 47