Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Live Aid 8

Registered
    Feb 2003

Live Aid 8

Anyone thinking of going to Live Aid 8? I was already planning on going to Philly for the 4th of July weekend, but now I have to go.

Here are the performers so far for Philly:
    Will Smith will host the Philadeplphia concert, which will feature: Bon Jovi, Maroon 5, Dave Matthews Band, Sarah McLachlan, Rob Thomas, Keith Urban, Jay Z, Stevie Wonder, 50 Cent, Kaiser Chiefs and P. Diddy.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I'll pay to avoid seeing those acts.

Registered
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Trail Nazi
    Will Smith will host the Philadeplphia concert, which will feature: Bon Jovi, Maroon 5, Dave Matthews Band, Sarah McLachlan, Rob Thomas, Keith Urban, Jay Z, Stevie Wonder, 50 Cent, Kaiser Chiefs and P. Diddy.
    I am curious to know why Kaiser Chiefs are on the US bill and not the British one. Maybe they're on tour or something....

Quite a bit of discussion over here about some of Geldof's comments over the G8 conference and his advice to flood Edinburgh with people

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4598661.stm

I won't be going to the London one. Its in London for one thing ( ), and I also have little interest in most of the bands performing. The tickets are supposed to be going via a free lottery; how long will it be before they end up on Ebay?!

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I would prefer to see the London show, but really want to see DMB. Plus, it is free.

NOJ: I had heard that the London tickets would be text message tickets. I wonder how that work.

Registered
    Dec 2004
    TN, yes the tickets for the London one will be won via text message. Essentially they are releasing a phone number on the 6th June to which you text your details. This phone number is then open for a week or so when you can text as many times as you like. At the end of the time a random draw will pick 72,500 winners from all the texts received who will each win a pair of tickets.

I think each text will cost about 1.60 (about $3), and the monies raised will go to various charities and the cost of holding the event.

Registered
    Nov 2004
    Noj,

As an aside, well done on achieving promotion. Now you can spend your childrens inheritance on a premiership season ticket. (I realise this isnt related to the thread)

Registered
    Dec 2004
    Off-topic:
    Quote Originally posted by Boru
    Noj,

As an aside, well done on achieving promotion. Now you can spend your childrens inheritance on a premiership season ticket. (I realise this isnt related to the thread)
    Thanks, Boru. Unfortunately we're not quite at the Premiership yet - we've made it to 'The Championship', or Division 2 in old money. I will, however, be purchasing a season ticket, but I'm hoping that 250 doesn't amount to my childrens inheritance.

Registered
    Dec 2004
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4606197.stm

Brown has some good ideas on debt relief, and I'm glad hes trying to take the lead on this.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 35
    Last post: 16 Apr 2008, 11:35 AM
  2. They Live
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 21 Sep 2004, 8:15 AM
  3. Would you live here?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 87
    Last post: 12 Mar 2003, 11:08 AM