Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Horrible ex stories

Registered
    Mar 2003

Horrible ex stories

As inspired by Bear Up North. I will start with our most recent situation.

King B's ex.

Last weekend we go to Lowes and I write a $25.00 check but have not brought my Dr License. So we use King B's. They deny acceptance of our check...and give us a number to call.

I call the number but they won't talk to me and insist that they talk to King B. They tell him that he has at least 2 outstanding bad checks at of all places Wal Mart! One from back in 2002 and one that was recently, April 2005. Of course Wal Mart's office was closed on Sat afternoon. So Monday he makes a number of calls and finds out that it is not 2 checks but 4 and they total over $300.00.

They give him the bank number and the account number so we drive a 5 hour round trip to talk with the bank....

The bank says no his name is not on that account nor signature card or anything. They write him a letter stating that he is not responsible for activity on that account.

So then he calls the fraud hotline number that Walmart gave him. They insist that if he is to get out of this that he fax a copy of his divorce decree to them.... Plus a letter from the bank and they will get around to taking his name off the list in a couple of weeks. But the whole time they are treating him like he is in the wrong...

So we still don't know who put his information with hers, whether she did it for what reason we have no idea.

The other question is how many other places has she written checks to and given his info...So we don't know what will continue to spring up.

Give me your best stories!
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Mine was physically abusive, and emotionally abusive, to my son and me. Even the cats were scared of him. He would buy tons of software, hunting stuff, and the dreaded ham radio equipment, charge them on my card, and think I wouldn't notice. In eleven years, never cooked a meal or did a load of laundry. He wanted to spend every weekend in the house with the shades closed. Strange...

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Jeez. I guess I got away easy. Well, almost. Long story.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Chet
    Jeez. I guess I got away easy. Well, almost. Long story.
    What he said.

With all due respect, you people don't need to know anything about my private life. Actually, some of you do know too much.
    What would RJ do?

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Just ONE story??? He he, I could go on all day...here's two short ones:

1) He was working out of town, his paychecks were mailed home to me and our son. He called the day the check was supposed to arrive and told me his wallet had been stolen. He came home for a weekend, I found his drivers license and SS card in his suitcase...wallet was not stolen, he gambled his $ away.

2) I was in the hospital giving birth to our second son, he told me he was going to go back to the house to sleep and would be back in the morn. Thought it was odd, but whatever, bed was more comfortable than the chair in ther hospital room. Checked my bank account when I got out of the hospital, there were charges all over downtown St. Louis at various bars, not even 5 hours after I had given birth....oh, and then he left (moved out) 5 days later to be with a 19 year old girl.

Glad I am rid of that one

Registered
    Feb 2005
    One tip - always change your e-mail password after a break-up.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    This qualifies for this thread not actually due to ex......more due to ex's daughter:

The ex and I lived together for awhile. Then the marriage thing happened. My son was living with us and two (2) of her three (3) children.....both girls.....moved in. Eventually my son and her daughter got into a serious relationship and a child was born. My oldest grandaughter!

My son and my ex's daughter (not yet an ex at that time) moved into a little house in Toledo. Not long after she started seeing my son's best friend. My son and my ex's daughterl broke up (thank goodness) and she moved in with his best friend. THEN.....she moved on to another guy, moved in with him, moved to California, basically ABANDONING her two (2) children.

It all worked out because she would not have been a good role model, not a good mother, etc. Both my son and his friend are now great pals, both have multiple children (including the children from the ex's daughter), and are very happy in great marriages.

BTW.....this girl returned to Toledo, leaving behind more babies in California. Wow.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Quote Originally posted by geobandito
    One tip - always change your e-mail password after a break-up.
    This sounds like hard-won experience.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Mar 2004

Ouch

Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra
    Just ONE story??? He he, I could go on all day...here's two short ones:

1) He was working out of town, his paychecks were mailed home to me and our son. He called the day the check was supposed to arrive and told me his wallet had been stolen. He came home for a weekend, I found his drivers license and SS card in his suitcase...wallet was not stolen, he gambled his $ away.

2) I was in the hospital giving birth to our second son, he told me he was going to go back to the house to sleep and would be back in the morn. Thought it was odd, but whatever, bed was more comfortable than the chair in ther hospital room. Checked my bank account when I got out of the hospital, there were charges all over downtown St. Louis at various bars, not even 5 hours after I had given birth....oh, and then he left (moved out) 5 days later to be with a 19 year old girl.

Glad I am rid of that one
    Sad story.....bummer.....
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Just one story? That would be rough!

There were 2 times that I required a trip to the ER and well, he just couldn't be found. Keep in mind that this is a man who was so easily accessible it was scary. He had a numerical pager and voice mail on his pager and a cell phone and home phone.

The first incident was when I stepped on a a chunk of glass and it went all the way inside of my foot. I managed to drive myself to the minor emergency care that time. The second incident happened one Thanksgiving morning when I was suffering from a kidney stone (OUCH OUCH OUCH) -- I was sick as a dog and in incredible pain...he was MIA again...he finally called me back after a couple of hours.

Not surprisingly, it turned out he was screwing around with one of his employees (who was also married). Add the fact that he was a liar and a cheat and a manipulator and a thief, and there's not much more to say.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Mine's pretty much common knowledge to many Cyburbians.....

Ex-wife cheated on me with a Latin Kings gang member from Rhode Island after he got out of prison.

After seperating and divorcing, ex-wife shipped her daughter (whom I had been the only real father to from age 1 to 5, real father died in a car accident before she was born) to live with her grandmother, 3+ hours away. The reason: The babysitter wanted $25 from her per week due to the time of day she was picking up her daughter at night (I voluntarily paid the remaining daycare, even though I had no obligation under the divorce decree to do so). Apparently going out to bars every night was more important than her daughter. Haven't seen Kylie since February of 2004, and ended up waiving my visitation rights when it became apparent that my ex-wife and her family were going to pull out all the stops to get money out of me.

Yesterday would have been my 3rd anniversary....it was a weird day. Needless to say, as much as I miss Kylie, I'm glad that part of my life is behind me.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker
    This sounds like hard-won experience.
    Yes, unfortunately. But this person succumbed to guilt after a week and admitted it. And she had drawn some really wacko conclusions from what she had read.

A friend of mine just found out that her ex-boyfriend has been reading her e-mail for a YEAR.

Just the normal breakup. As the old lady was telling me that she was moving the next day, she picked up some papers and wanted to know what this was. I told her it was a cancer diagnosis and her response was that it was just my way to get out of paying child support. {She had been on vacation while all the test were done and knew nothing about the trips to the doctor.} Oh well, such is life.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I'm going to break the "no animated images" rule, because this says it all.

That's really her. Intelligent. Talented. Creative. Attractive. Broke up with me because I told her a dirty, politically incorrect joke. Told me in all seriousness that I was racist because I can be a picky eater at times -- and shunning a culture because I don't necessarily like all their food.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jul 2003

I will let the mods decide if this is TMI...

Sigh. This may not even be appropriate. When I was in high school, I had a boyfriend that worshipped the ground I walked on from the time we were small tots, who always talked about marrying me, and who was involved with me for a YEAR before we "went all the way". Not long thereafter, he began dropping by my house for 20 minutes on his way to work and neglecting to tell me when his day off was so he could hang with his homies and not have anything to do with me that involved wearing clothes. Every time he stopped by to get his needs met, afterwards, while getting dressed, I would say "We REEEEALLY need to TALK..." and he would kiss me and assure me we would but he really had to head to work now.

Someone once described it as "would you like fries with that?"/sex from the drive through.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Dan
    I'm going to break the "no animated images" rule, because this says it all.

That's really her. Intelligent. Talented. Creative. Attractive. Broke up with me because I told her a dirty, politically incorrect joke. Told me in all seriousness that I was racist because I can be a picky eater at times -- and shunning a culture because I don't necessarily like all their food.
    What a nutbar. What if the food doesn't "agree" with you? Does that make the food racist? Insanity!
    Last edited by giff57; 12 Jun 2005 at 7:22 AM. Reason: Removed animated image from quote

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by abrowne
    What a nutbar. What if the food doesn't "agree" with you? Does that make the food racist? Insanity!
    I have a genetic disorder that seriously restricts my diet. Soo, I guess that "rule of thumb" would mean that I am not only a "racist pig" but there is no cure for my racism.

Someone here has diabetes. They must be racist too.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by abrowne
    No, because it's attacking a white middle class American, and therefore making up for past inequities.

Really, she was one of those people that believed you must not only sample aspects of different cultures, but also embrace and like them; to shun one part of a culture is to shun the entire culture. If Albanian goat eyeball soup grosses you out and you don't want to even try it out, much less look at it, you're bigoted against Albanians. If you sampled the sauted Yemenese camel hoofs, but didn't find it pleasng to your palete, you're racist. If you find high-pitched Chinese restaurant music grating, well, you're racist against the Chinese.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. The Most Horrible Future
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 34
    Last post: 30 Jul 2010, 2:52 PM
  2. Talk about a horrible building
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 50
    Last post: 27 Mar 2006, 11:23 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last post: 06 Dec 2005, 3:59 PM