Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Mine from INDIA & JAPAN

Registered
    Jun 2005

Mine from INDIA & JAPAN

Hi Freinds,

Hello, I am new to this forum.

I am Mine from India and currently persuing my PhD research from the University of Tokyo, JAPAN. My research topic is "Integration of Planning, Policies and Technologies (Water & Sanitation) for the Renwal of SLUMS/ Poors living areas".

I request all of you please forward the relevant literature and material to me on minehouse2005@yahoo.co.in . Currently i am looking for the policies (history to current) adopted by the diff. countries & cities for the improvement/ eradication of a slums.

Please suggest books and share literature with me.

Thanks a lot. looking forward for your kind assistance

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    welcome.

Now...on to:

Moderator note:
    A bit of advice, and a quote from the Board rules:

Quote Originally posted by Board Rules
    2.8 Homework
    Specific questions about parts of an assignment, or general advice or guidance are permitted. Requests to complete homework assignments are not.
    I'm guessing your request for materials is probably why no one is responding to your thread.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Hi and welcome!

In addition to what NHPlanner said, I think most folks here don't happen to have PHD level materials laying around, handy. And that kind of request is considered "rude" in American culture. Most folks here are American and will misinterpret your intent. I hope the misunderstanding doesn't make you leave. I have many international friends and there is usually some kind of cultural misunderstanding early in the relationship, and often later in the relationship as well.

Perhaps you could tell us a little more about yourself. Like: How old are you? Are you married? Do you have kids? What is your work or educational background? Information like that might restart the thread.

Registered
    Jun 2005

Brief Discription - MINE

Hi,

I am just requesting for the general advice. May be if I have comitted some mistake than really I am very SORRY for it and apologise for the same. Since I am new to this forum may be I will take a little time to adjust. So please bear with me.

So Friends, I am Mine. By profession I am a Architect and Planner (B.Arch, M. Plan) and has an working exp. of 5 yrs in the urban devlopment related projects.

Right now I am in Tokyo, Japan along with my wife. My wife is a Software Professional. This is a 2nd year of our marraige. Right now we dont have any kid.

My area of interest is working for the policies for poors.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by minehouse2005
    Hi,

I am just requesting for the general advice. May be if I have comitted some mistake than really I am very SORRY for it and apologise for the same. Since I am new to this forum may be I will take a little time to adjust. So please bear with me.
    Questions about student projects get better responses in the Student Lounge.

My area of interest is working for the policies for poors.
    Interesting. I work on and off at a homeless shelter. I began working there when I did an internship for a class called "Homelessness and Public Policy". If you are interested, their website is here: Opportunity House.

Again, welcome. It is Friday night in the U.S. and the forum is not as busy over the weekend (Friday night, Saturday and Sunday). So it may be Monday (our time -- which is later than you) before you get many replies. In the mean time, look around some and make yourself at home. The Friday Afternoon Club is for general discussion. Feel free to jump right into any conversation that interests you.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Hello from NE FL!

Registered
    Dec 2004
    Welcome along from a resident Limey. Unfortunately I don't have any experience of working up planning policies specifically concerning poverty, but am interested in any experience of your own.

Registered
    Apr 2005
    G'Day from Brissie, the world's most liveable city (if we'd have trams).

Welcome to Cyburbia, it's a happy place with many happy people.

Links?
    Yeah, sure. Try: This (really good), this, this, this, and this.

The Web is big, so enjoy and come back to criticise and discuss!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Welcome aboard! I hope you fit in well here, and try to be patient, since you're on the other side of the planet and most of us are from the Americas, and we have only few Cyburbians around in Asia and Oceania, so your questions may take a day or two to get an answer.

I hope you enjoy this forum and decide to stay with us.

I'd send you some Chilean policies to overcome poverty, but since they're in spanish you might have problems with that....

See ya around!

Registered
    Jun 2005

Thanks !!

Thanks all of you for your kind support and encouragement. Yes I can understand that most of the people are in this forum are Americans but now I feel that things are changing. IT and Internet helped all of us to know each other more closely and in a much better way.

So lets hope that the through this forum and sharing of our ideas/ views we may contribute in one way or another in imporving the quality of life of the disadvantaged and poor peoples.

Once again THANKS !!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Welcome from the Washington DC metro area. Good luck with your hunt for info.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Welcome from Missouri!!

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 4
    Last post: 12 Jun 2012, 12:47 PM
  2. NYT: Galena, KS mine collapse
    Environmental Planning
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 20 Sep 2007, 3:18 PM
  3. Replies: 2