Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Missing property owner (Hot n’ Now)

Registered
    Feb 2004
    (Hot N Now's bankrupt? No!!!!

I fondly recall my high school days, driving to the "Cold N Later" for two 39 cent burgers when I was flat out broke. The "Rotten Cow" always had at least one food-like item that could be paid for by picking coins up off the car floor mats.)

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner
    I told him to appeal to the ZBA and if he lost, to ask for a variance from the 90 day requirement. He then went on and on about how ridiculous our THIRTY DOLLAR ($30) variance fee is.
    Holy Crap!!!! He was right about one thing - the $30 variance application fee is ridiculous......ridiculously cheap, that is! I'm sure you're aware most communities charge triple digits so as to cover the notification costs and staff review.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Maister
    Holy Crap!!!! He was right about one thing - the $30 variance application fee is ridiculous......ridiculously cheap, that is! I'm sure you're aware most communities charge triple digits so as to cover the notification costs and staff review.
    yah, yah, yah, I know. Up until recently our sign permit fee was THREE DOLLARS. I went to Council asking for an increase to $50 which would more appropriately cover staff time and is also more in line with what other communities are charging (and still on the cheap end). They approved an increase up to $25, but that was it. One council member thought that we shouldn't have a fee.

We are having a retreat this January and one thing we will be discussing is the need to increase our fee's for basically everything.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 3
    Last post: 10 Apr 2012, 11:41 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 06 Feb 2012, 7:41 PM
  3. China property owner: holdout
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 24 Mar 2007, 8:28 PM
  4. missing url tag