Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: 4 blocks in Buffalo ( Broadband Needed)

4 blocks in Buffalo ( Broadband Needed)

This is just some of the houses on 4 blocks in Buffalo and there are many many many more lke this. This city should get more respect.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2005
    Definitely a great city with a beautiful historic character. I would like to buy one of these homes. Are any for sale and what are the asking prices? I am finishing up my masters here in Michigan and I have some friends from Buffalo. They say the city has a ton of potential!

The neighborhoods change drastically over these four blocks so the prices probably range from 400K down to 150K for the ones shown. You could go much cheaper even below 100 thou in this area and dirt cheap not far from here

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Buffalo is consistantly "ranked" as one of the most affordable places to live in the US. With such beautiful homes/architecture, I wonder what is holding Buffalo back. Weather? Upstate economy in general? Image?

-DUB

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Beautiful area. I blame it on the curse of Lake Erie. None of our cities get any respect.

Looks very Midwestern.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Looks too cold for me. But nice images.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Mar 2005
    wonderful buildings; looks liek a ncie neighborhood.

You realize of course that there is NOTHING in any of the pictures you've posted that does not grate against current architectural/urban maintstream ideology? You some kinda subversive?
    Life and death of great pattern languages

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Respect.

I have a long history of visiting WNY and CNY in midwinter. It always conjures up a cozy, holiday, hanging out by the fire sort of feeling for me. I'm sure one winter of living there and that would be completely dashed from my mind.

I don't know though, the older i get the less the cold bothers me and the more the summer humidity irritates me.
    Indeed you can usually tell when the concepts of democracy and citizenship are weakening. There is an increase in the role of charity and in the worship of volunteerism. These represent the élite citizen's imitation of noblesse oblige; that is, of pretending to be aristocrats or oligarchs, as opposed to being citizens.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 6
    Last post: 27 Feb 2009, 12:05 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last post: 24 Sep 2007, 3:49 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last post: 22 Apr 2006, 1:17 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last post: 01 Aug 2005, 2:12 PM
  5. Some Charlotte Houses (Broadband Needed)
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 28 Apr 2005, 11:53 AM