Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This weekend

Registered
    Dec 2001

This Weekend

So what are everyone's plans this weekend? Anything exciting going on. The summer is quickly coming to an end, and I just realized that I haven't even been fishing yet this year (except for opening day of trout). I have to schedule a tuna trip soon, now there is some fishing. As for me, I'll be riding my bike in the 95 degree heat tomorrow with my road racing team for about 90 miles, then have a mountain bike race on Sunday. Probably take in XXX at some point in between. Vin Diesel is cool Have a great weekend all.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    wash car *read rain dance*
    wash dogs
    pool party with new man
    hang out with friends and pack for Fla
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Oct 2001

Weekends

I just bought a new Road Bicycle (A Specialized Festina Team Bike-Full Campy Record 10-Speed, Custom Wheels, etc. etc.) I am so stoked! It rides like a dream! Its my midlife crisis present, and it cost a hell of a lot less than a Porsche (or a trophy wife ). Maybe I can start wearing off the damn 40 lbs I've let myself accumulate.

That's what I am doing this weekend. The weather should be perfect-except for a few spells, we've had a mellower than usual August in the Sacramento Valley of Hell.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    *Oil change, prep the SUV for next weekend's ROAD TRIP! to Cleveland.
    *Wash said SUV for the first time since March 2001.
    *Attempt to install XM satellite radio in said SUV.
    *Practice bowling before leagues start on Sept. 6th.
    *Shoot some pool and consume mass quantities of fermented malt beverages.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Re: Weekends

Originally posted by BKM
    Its my midlife crisis present
    I thought the WRX suited that need....

Registered
    Dec 1998

Re: This Weekend

Originally posted by Mike DeVuono
    Vin Diesel is cool .
    Vin Diesel is a hot something!!!! WHEW!!! MUY CALIENTE!!!!!! YOWZA!!! YOWZA !!!

I have nothing planned this weekend, except for some general housekeeping. I'm hitting the road next weekend for Labor Day and would like to come home to a clean place.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Sorta. I have always liked fast, semi-sporty cars. It wasn't very expensive, and its a wagon (for hauling bikes and dogs) so it doesn't count.

Now, if I win the California Lottery ($115 million and counting), the resulting Maserati Spyder would count

Registered
    Jul 2002

weekend

I've got "the kid" this weekend so we'll probably go to my sister's cottage in w. PA. and will definately do some fishing. I think I'm the only one this summer that hasn't caught a Northern.

I did get a new toy (5 string banjo) that I might tinker with.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Going camping in Maine, and to my wife's family reunion. Get to get my daughter back too....she's been with "Grammy" all week...and I miss her!
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Neat to see that some others ride and race bikes.

Tonight, 40- 50 mile road ride. The weather is awesome here right now, sunny and cool.
    Tomorrow. Travel to mountain bike race site and help organizer do final race prep.
    Sunday, Race if the weather is good, Officiate if it is bad.

My bikes

Road - 1996 Trek 2300 - carbon and aluminum, 105 components 15 000km - it is really just an appliance.

MTB - 1999 Dekerf Team SL - Mostly XTR and old Syncros (before they sold out) (about 7000 km)

Beater - Custom 1988 Brodie Climbmax - A museum piece of CNC bits and pieces about (10 000 km)

The next bike is either going to be a racing dually (Kona King Kikapu or Dekerf Phenom) a Track bike (Marinoni) or a high zoot road bike (marinoni, guru or cervelo)
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Jul 2002

weekend

Originally posted by NHPlanner
    Going camping in Maine, and to my wife's family reunion. Get to get my daughter back too....she's been with "Grammy" all week...and I miss her!
    Whereabouts in Maine?

Registered
    Dec 2001

Hmm

I'm going to try and lay low.. maybe try out the new yoga class at the gym or do a pre-dawn hike on South Mountain and watch the sun come up..
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Dec 2001

Re: Weekends

Originally posted by BKM
    I just bought a new Road Bicycle (A Specialized Festina Team Bike-Full Campy Record 10-Speed, Custom Wheels, etc. etc.)
    That's a nice midlife crisis present. I'd love to have the Campy stuff but have to sacrifice with Ultegra so I can replace the frame I'm riding this winter with a 2003 Colnago C-40 (dream come true bike).

Right now I ride a Specialized Allez (compact) w/ Ultegra gruppo, Mavic Ksyrium Wheels, Look PP206 Pedals, and Michelin Tires (exclusively - they sponsor the team )

Mountain Bike is a Specialized RockHopper Comp FSR w/ XTR components, Avid Discs, Mavic wheels (stock w/ bike), Judy Fork (soon to be replaced).

I'll be racing this weekend without a granny gear or the one up, I can't get the derailleur tuned right and refuse to touch it anymore. I rode the course yesterday and was kinda OK without them. We'll see how it goes. I'm not to fond of MTB racing anyway, too slow.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    My old bike is an Allez. A mix of Campi Record and (mostly) Chorus. When I bought it, the exchange rates were such that Campi wasn't much more than Shimano. Its been pretty much flawless, and I am rather lazy about maintenance

Good bike, but it was feeling tired. I am so out of shape and have gained way too much weight. I have just not been into riding this year. I hope that the new bike inspires me.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Pull weeds, and seed the back yard.
    Wash and vacuum the car.
    Catch up on e-mail.
    Mow the lawn.
    Dog park.
    Organize the hard drive.
    Sleep.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996

Re: weekend

Originally posted by Tom R

Whereabouts in Maine?
    Peru. Western Maine, about 3/4 the way up the border with NH. 30 minutes from Sunday River.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Jul 2002

maine

I lived for 5 years in Caribou, way up north. Beautiful area.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Some of you are much more industrious than I am during the weekends. Case in point: this weekend I slept until 11:00 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday. On Friday I had my RDO/flex day, so I drove down to the Calgary Zoo. It was pretty fun... but the zoo is fairly small compared to what I grew up with (L.A./San Diego)... Hmmmm... Not that I grew up *in* a zoo, but you guys know what I mean.

In any case... I hope you all had a good weekend.

Registered
    Jul 2002

fish

I didn't catch my Northern or anything else of note, but you know what they say about a bad day fishing....

Registered
    Dec 2001
    My plans didn't exactly work out either, it poured on Saturday so I never got on my bike and then got smoked in my mountain bike race on Sunday, placed 15th.

Spent all night Saturday cleaning the water that out of my garage after it flooded during the storm.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I took my new bike out east of Napa City (one thing we don't have to worry about during the summer is rain ). It was great! I had a lot of fun climbing some of the rollers and small hills . Maybe by this time next year, I'll be ready for some centuries again.

Not a racer, but I do like long serious recreational rides.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Saturday - Went to the "Hot and Spicy" foodfest at the waterfront - spent quite a few hours there, eating and gawking at the new condo towers.

Sunday - Laundry, cleaning, reading, tea/dinner with relatives.

*yawn*

GB

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Friday - caught up with friend from primary school for dinner at pub, then played some pool (with friends laughing at my efforts). Had a few vodka/lime/lemonades.

Saturday - woke up at 10, got ex b/f round to fix computer , accompanied friend who was filming some city highlights to send overseas (but we got rained off), did some shopping, saw a really bad movie (24 Hour Party People), then watched the Patriot on TV which was much better, had several more vodka/lime/lemonades, crashed out by midnight!

Sunday - cleaned bathroom, read book, went for big walk along waterfront walkway, no vodka.

Registered
    Sep 2001

Weekend

Thursday - left in afternoon for Woodstock, ON got as far as Riviere du Loup, PQ
    Friday - through to Toronto for dinner and Woodstock after
    Saturday - morning in Stratford; afternoon and evening at wedding (not tranplanners)
    Sunday - left Woodstock; dinner in Kanata/Ottawa; overnight in Drummondville
    Monday - Drummondville to home

only about 4000km of driving - won't do that again for a while!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    YIPES!

i HATE to drive *thanks god for the metro yet again*

im already bitching about driving from Orlando to Naples and back this coming weekend-not to mention getting up at 4:30 AM on fri to go to BWI to catch my flight

grrrrrr
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940
    Last post: 06 Jan 2008, 9:31 PM
  2. Hubby gone for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 12
    Last post: 28 Aug 2004, 7:13 AM
  3. Replies: 2